4.08.2018

Winter Hills

 There is a Dirty Dozen theme each month for Christmas cards and I had seen the April prompt and its been in the back of my mind for a little while now so, when I came across this card in Beth's gallery this morning ( she is this weeks Featured Stamper) I knew exactly what I wanted to do. out came the PTI vellum cardstock and then I started looking for snowflake embossing folders and found this falling snow one and thought OK and then I ended up embossing both the front and the back of the card because, I had already scored the vellum, so I cut that apart and decided I should cut out the centers and have "frames" of falling snow. because, her card has the texture just on the edges right. and then out came this new-ish Vellum adhesive I picked up a while back. ( it has a lot of the usual vellum adhesive things to follow) from my own trial and error I found that the cartridge it rolls from is wider than the adhesive and its centered on the roller not on the edge like how I roll my ATG gun. so, I ended up with boogers of adhesive off the edges of the frame. I did see the glue through that so I used an remover ( the Xyron one) and its also one of those things you have to be really careful not to touch it after trying to flip it over and lay it down because, if you have to pull it up and straighten it, and you touch that adhesive it will pick up the oils from your skin and you will see that.

 So, while I was pushing around the frames and such I had made a few extra's of the heat embossed panels and also had this left over base from what ever last wood grain card I had made and thought oh, I like the white on white with the silvers also. This one I used a SSS Wonky stitched rect. die to cut out the image panel.

 This was the first card I did and I did not get the adhesive total coverage on the frame and where I did not have any, it has bumped. the silver is a scrap of glimmer paper from recollections the frame was cut with a SSS stitched rect. die. the sentiment was cut with a Nellie Snellen tags 3 die. the image I cut out with scissors. The base on this card as Vellum I did cut a second white piece from the Neenah using the same size rectangle and glued it to the inside of the back of the card for a place to write a note.


This one is the best representation of Beth's card with the texture being partial on the edges and the ribbon. I did run the ribbon around the frame and cut it off on the back side of the frame so, it is only doubled on the edges of the frame it does not run full length around that frame. The sentiment on this one was cut with a Waffle flower lacy layers A7 Stitched die. I am not positive anymore but, I think this ribbon may be an older SU one. the embossing powder is also from Stampin up its name is Pewter. each of these cards finished out at A2 in real life.

No comments: