3.25.2018

VSN {how does your garden grow?}

There is a Virtual Stamp Night happening at Splitcoaststampers this weekend.
I am not sure how many challenges there are all together but, I started on Saturday and did the first 6 cards you see here and then picked it up again Sunday afternoon with the next 3 and then the last card in this post was done as a Featured Stamper CASE. The one thing they all have is an 1 hour time limit to put the elements together. ( you can think as long as you want) and there is a week to get them all done and loaded.
 

Judy has a challenge to use a bee and a kindness sentiment. the bee is from Peddlers Pack and the sentiment and nurse hat are from Taylored Expressions. 
 Misti has a challenge to use something wild that grows in your garden and I remembered I had these Hero Arts you're a fungi set and decided to give them those fun colors ( that are not what grows in my yard haha)

Sharon has a challenge to use the watercolor on Yupo tutorial and ( this actually has better colors and more shimmer in real life) that sentiment is from Verses's I stamped it with some Pallet Noir on the watercolored background with no fixative. 
 Jeanne has a challenge to add a bird to it... and so, these ducks are from Avery Elle's story book set and the sentiments are from the MFT anything but basic birthday sentiments.

 Ky has a challenge to add an critter (large furry) that you would like to peek at in your garden. and I had this Whippersnapper curious bunny previously colored and added the Altenew sentiment to it.

 A closer look at the pencils ( mostly polychromos with some prisma ones)

 Dana has a challenge to have a sunshine yellow or a hibiscus on it and I almost out smarted my self as I stamped this with some barley beige ink from SSS and then I could not see the lines of where to color. there is absolutely no blending on this. I was squinting the whole time with it under a couple of ott lights and then my eyes cried uncle and I packed it in for the evening.

 Kat has a challenge to have at least 6 colors on your project. so, I decided this Penny Black egg cart had enough room for a rainbow and went that away.

 Lydia has a challenge to have a flower or plant that is black and white line art where the color is out of the box. so I counter sunk this Indigo blu color me daisy behind a piece of ranger yupo I had colored with alcohol inks and added the Avery Elle ( so happy ) sentiment.

 Lisa has a challenge to make it POP up. I was going to color the tulips a second time and put pop dots under some of the petals but, I ran out of time and popped up the outside framing of the printed paper instead. ( tulips are from Darkroom door and the sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted message me set)
 Today is also the day they unveil the newest featured stamper so, knowing I had some previously colored flowers on the table ( because of the VSN garden theme) I decided to look at her floral cards mostly and chose this one. it just POPS for me. I don't normally do so many layers so, that was interesting. I did line the inside to counter balance some of the weight on the front of the card.
Changes to her card were to use the angled border die instead of rectangles for the horizon line and to change the colors and stamps.
A closer look at the petals, this was heat embossed with some SU pewter powder and colored with Polychromos pencils. And its reached that twilight time of day when I cannot see colors anymore so, that's about it for me this weekend. I have not made this many things back to back in a long time so, it was a good little bump to the stash.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Awesome cards! Of course I LOVE the Penny Black and Whipper Snapper cards and that Polka Dot Tulip card is beautiful! Love the raised outer panel.