3.23.2018

Himalayan Poppies

The way's to use it challenge was all about Water yesterday, and from the line up of technique choices to try I decided to do the Vintage Watercolor and I picked a blue and green pencils to go with that. I decided to go with this Himalayan Poppies image as the ones I seen of those on pinterest a long time ago were a really pretty shade of blue.

 These Poppies are from C.C. Designs and the Sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Cathy Z line (simple sentiments) the flowers were stamped with some Distress Vintage photo on cream watercolor paper and the "black/blue" spots were done with a Elegant writer pen. It is a really neat thing to watch the colors flow when the water hit them. and it really does not take a ton of water to get the reaction so, that is nice too. the sentiment was cut with a Lawn Fawn banner die and the wonky stitches rectangle is a SSS die.

A closer look at how the colors did flow, I did take the water brush to the stamped lines first and then added the writer pen, bled that out, added the pencil again a little more water. I didn't really dry this between stages there was not that much water on it. I don't know what kind of wc paper this was it was in one of those card kits I have those pieces tucked into that wooden tray on the table so, its just something I grabbed. Every time I try something like this it makes me wonder why I do not do it more often as it is fast and fun and I like the results.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

So pretty! Looks like a piece of Stained Glass, very elegant!