1.12.2014

Saturday's Projects


I have been side-tracked by snow. ( we really actually have some again, this is our second snow and we have an whole whopping 1" - 1 1/2" ish now) It's pretty. but, it will melt soon, supposed to have highs in the 40's this whole next week. anyways. I have been digging through all my skinny flat dies and some of my older Sizzix dies that are just not organized with my spellbinders dies and trying to re-sort them because, I have a snowflake "thing" so, Im pulling them out and putting similar kinds of dies together and such. and as I come across them I am also cutting some to play with. and the larger one of these is from Hero Arts. the shipping tag is an size 8 but, I cut off the end of it with some pinking shears, ran that printed paper snowflake through the Xyron and so, when it hit the tag crooked it was either leave it be or toss it so, its off a little ( not in a perfectly lined up dramatic COOL off just off. enough to bug me) the white one on top of it is either IO or MB because, I have a few sets from them all in the same case so when I cut them I dumped all the cuttings in the same envelope. there is some stickles on it. the sentiment tag is from IO and I had cut that by hand before I owned the dies for those tag stamps. 


the negative panel wood grained dvwv pp is from the snowflake above. it was color dusted with some vintage photo distress and is machine stitched to the embossed panel. I think that tiny herringbone pp is from SU and the stripe is from basic grey. the brown/green coredinations was rak'd to me from Leigh Anne a long time ago ran it through the cuttlebug large snowflakes (5X7) folder and sanded it so the green could peek through. this one is 5 1/2" square in real life. the sentiment is from Northwoods on a scrap and I free hand cut the dovetail on the end for a banner. the leather button is vintage. 


the smaller blue snowflake is from an old yellow sizzix die with two snowflakes on it the smallest white center and the other white snowflake are from the same envelope of either memorybox or Impression Obsession dies. the other two are craft buttons. the sentiment is from de nami designs and its was die cut with an my favorite things die. the ribbon is SU but, I dont remember its color name ( it came to me in a ribbon share a long time ago and got promptly wound on a clothes pin so it would not wrinkle ) 


from the scraps. this one is 3" square in real life. with this one done that puts me at 24 completed projects 11 days with having taken 2 days off. 

No comments: