1.26.2014

Dreamy Ferns

A closer look at the stamped panel this started with the Canvas background being stamped with creamy brown fluid chalk ink on the Neenah millstone then the Ferns were stamped with mostly second generation inks and then the colordusting started the butterfly is from an old old two step stamp from SU ( with blue rubber) I think it was called watercolor mini but, not sure about that anymore it was done in Versafine. there is some prisma pencils all over the top of this panel also and just a teeny bit of Gold Stickles on & under the butterfly. this was done inspired by this weeks Featured Stampers Gallery, Doni's card is seen here




It's always a hard thing when you see many things in someones gallery you'd like to CASE but, you think they did it so cool what changes would you make so this card was easier for me than most the others because, although I love every detail of Doni's I don't own the same stamps she does so, that gives it a change right off the bat, the second change is there is no paint on this. and I eliminated some of the matting layers and string. This is flat in real life and A-6. The ferns are from Fred B Mullett and Hero Arts the sentiment is from Gina K designs ( a butterfly set think its name just may be take flight) or something like that. 


When I was digging through the box of fern stamps came across this one from Just for Fun and thought haha its almost too perfect, but, I stamped on up and colored this one entirely with prisma pencils ( no blending) the sentiment is from Stampendous and the canvas background went down on it first. the edges were swiped with an colorbox chalk cats eye but, I didnt glance at the color name before I came in the house.  the tag was previously stained with ranger distress and some walnut inks. the yellow popcorn trim was a gift from Leigh Anne a very long time ago, and its been on the table ever since because its one of those things that I thought would be impossible to use ( its pretty lumpy in real life) so, I think it works for a tag filler. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dreamy fern card is da bomb or should I say it's so me? Lovely!