10.04.2024

Inspired By {Hello Hayley}

 This week Julie is sharing the Hello Hayley site and pinterest boards collection for the Inspiration challenge at Splitcoaststampers. And I kept coming back to this pin of a decorated tired tray. I love this. every single thing about this mug shot. I did know in the back of my mind that I could probably duplicate this very easily with dies. but, I decided to start poking around in my have never been inked Christmas stamps again and pulled out this from Impression Obsession. I know it does not look anything like the pin but, I think it picks up the colors and rustic Christmas vibe.

I stamped it with some Morning mist versafine ink and then added a layer of Daniel Smith watercolors over it. 

And after that layer dried I did add more paint and decided to add some clear stickles glitter glue to spots in the window panes and snow piles but, it was so subtle that.

I dug out a jar of snowtex and I remembered how hard this is to get it to stick and or be in anyway kind of organized ha ha. I had it all over my fingers and the bristles of a acrylic paint brush and the end of the brush also. ( I think I need something teeny tiny-er) to poke in that jar next time as I really enjoy seeing the texture on other people's projects. So, that's where I stopped with that. 

The painted panel was cut with a Penny Black stitched frame that I ended up taping back together on the back side of this. That is Arches Hot press watercolor paper (smooth) and then layered it to some Recollections kraft ( the one that looks like a paper bag) and the base here is an Tim Holtz Coredinations bundled sage cut to A6 in real life. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: