10.15.2024

Watercoloring an Snowy Tree

 This week Linda is sharing a tutorial from Liesl's Artic Studio on painting a snowy pine tree with watercolors seen here on YouTube. So, I watched this video maybe a week before I painted the tree. And so, evidently my brain totally forgot the twiggy sticks at the end. ( I am just seeing them on the video start shot haha) At any rate I decided to do this on a half a sheet of the Studio Loft watercolor paper with Daniel Smith paints. ( this is about A6 in real life.)

Mostly dirty water background trees, I did add more water to the center to mop up a little knowing I would do the one with more details there.


First layer of paints of the center tree.


I had walked away at that point above because, Izzy needed to go out. and when I came back I decided the top right corner needed one more tree, and a little darker then the first there. 

I had considered cutting this into a gift tag and grabbed a Time for tea wide stitched frame die instead. ( its A6) and then when the center part cut away I decided to pop it up on foam tape over the background frame that is flat to the cardfront for some interest. I came really close to turning this into an Mixed Media project at this point by adding some white gouache, snowtex and clear stickles glitter glue but, so far have refrained from that. I did enjoy this and will be trying it again. maybe with some more greenish tint to the branches. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: