7.21.2021

WOYWW #633 {puttering}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 So, I had over the weekend peeked inside the featured stampers gallery and seen a stamped watercolor roses card and I liked the colors. and you know if you do that one you have to make at least two changes, not duplicate their card exactly so, I grabbed this sheet of cream cardstock that had been run through an Anna Griffin lace embossing folder and did a green wash over the top of the whole panel and then added some more paint for the roses and leaves and vines. And then the color combo came out this week and its two greens and a rose lol. and yet, here it sits. I pushed around some sentiments that were pre printed ones from SSS and I tend to buy the reverse style ones where its white printed on black so, that looked just too harsh to me and I did not get any farther than this. Its still hot, the smoke is blowing east of us at the moment so, the air quality is good. We lost my grandpa last friday night and I just you know the grief comes in waves so, eventually I may do something with these piece that keep getting more layers of paint when I walk by the table but, it hasn't happened yet. Covid cases are on the rise again here surprise surprise right? what is surprising is that we have not been shut back down into a lock down situation again. ( supposedly 70% of the state I live in is vaccinated now) It's an ice run day here again, so I do not know when I will make the rounds. Stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Stacy. Hope the wind continues to blow in the right direction. Your card topper looks very pretty already. Keep cool, stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Helen said...

so sorry to hear about your grandpa, Stacy. Stay safe and cool. happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandpa. I love your desk it always looks so organised and the stamps look interesting. Keep cool and wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x13x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa, sincere condolences to you and the family. Crafting does help grief when your hands are busy, don't feel bad about doing it.
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. You are right grief does come in waves. Sending sympathetic hugs and saying a prayer for you Angela #12

Susan Renshaw said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa...sending hugsX


Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #5
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Spyder said...

So sorry for your loss Stacy. Both my grandads (one was a step grandad) passed away when I was little. I think your rose card will turned out perfect when you're ready to finish it. Covid is just going a bit silly now...we knew it would! sometimes I wonder who's in charge! We stay home most of the time and venture out when its not too busy. Stay Safe, Keep on crafting Happy late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#16

Shoshi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather, Stacy. I think the relationship between a grandparent and grandchild is always special. My maternal grandfather died before I was born, but I knew my other grandfather until I had grown up and we had a special relationship, as I did with both my grandmothers. I feel for you today.

Your watercoloour roses look so pretty and I know you will do something really lovely with them. Crafting is so therapeutic and relaxing.

Shoshi x #15