7.17.2021

Inspired by {Hot Air Balloons}

 I am happy to report that even though that masking fluid looked so lumpy and gloopy, it did work and it peeled off in one piece. ( see previous post desk shot)


I started with viewing this mug shot here on Pinterest that is the board for this weeks Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. And I knew I had zero hot air balloon stamps but, a funny thing has happened with those playing around with the watercolor Wednesday challenges it has changed the way I look at simple shapes and I felt like I could probably sketch a balloon and just add lib some sky and mountain tops. So, that is more or less what I did. I think if the weather had cooperated and I had been able to steal more time I would have liked to have added more layers of paint to this but, I did decide on Thursday that it really was not bad like this so, I finished it off by using my deckle scissors on the edge and mounted it as a slimline card on some old bazzill. This was done with Daniel Smith Watercolors on some Arches 100% cotton paper. After it was all the way dry I did stamp the sentiment (Impression Obsession) with versafine ink inside the scrapbooking sized Misti as this card base is too tall to fit inside the medium sized stamp tool. I have to tell you as a person who routinely makes larger than A2 sized cards, I am glad I invested in that size of a platform ( it holds a 12" square sheet). So, that is my token enabling for the moment. You can find this challenge here to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: