7.07.2021

WOYWW # 631 {images}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 So we picked up our son from the airport last thursday and we have mostly been spending time doing family stuff. With the temperatures either in triple digits or flirting with them, I am not really getting much of anything done but, every so often I do come up and start something and walk away. ( this mornings desk shows I stamped off some Bella images and spread them out to dry and a couple of the images are from a box that arrived from Janice last week.) I thought I had a picture of that, she found a "art recycle store" so, its like a goodwill but, with art supplies. And picked up some really cool vintage stamps for me.

Last wednesday the watercolor challenge/tutorial was do sketch your own octopus and do loose bright watercolor for painting it. ( bright colors are not really my thing, and If I could draw I probably would not own so many stamps...)
that link goes to youtube.

But, I gave it a whirl. I did enjoy seeing the paint flow out into the water blobs, and then I decided to finish it into a card and then, only then when the card was photographed did I see that he has 9 legs. ( so, hes special ;) ) hahaha. That's about it from me, I will be driving for ice today as we ran out yesterday and so did everyone else in So. Oregon. Stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are a LOT braver than I, Stacy. I could never have drawn that. I didn't notice the extra leg until you pointed it out. and those images on your desk are fabulous. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think your octopus is fab! He’s so happy with his beautiful swirly colours, you did a great job. And don’t rubbish your drawing skills, I think you’re a really good artist! I need some palettes with all the sections like you’ve got, must see if the local bargains shop has any!
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

WHat a fun, cheerful octopus Stacy - I can't say I would have noticed the extra leg myself lol. Hope it cools down for you a little soon. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Helen said...

can't have too many legs, I say... he's fab! I doubt I'd have noticed either had you not said... happy WOYWW helen #8

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Stacy he's such a happy little fella, you did a grand job with those colours, we all should step out of our comfort zone once in a while. Love the play on words.. awesome.
Happy WoywW Tracey #9 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! an art recycle store what a brilliant idea. Your octopus is gorgeous! love him/her to bits. Try to keep cool and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your octopus! He really is special and so colourful too. Hope things cool down a bit for you weather-wise Happy WOYWW! Elle #24, EOTC

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done for coming out of your comfort zone, he is a lovely colourful octopus, totally unique with 9 legs 🙃. Have a great weekend Angela #3

Shoshi said...

Lol! I noticed he had 9 legs too, Stacy! He's not an octapus, he's a nontapus. Gorgeous colours.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #19

My name is Cindy said...

I burst out laughing at the nine legs!!He's still supercute. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon, it sounds dreadful. Happy WOYWW, Cindy #23

R's Rue said...

I love your octopus. It’s so cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Susan Renshaw said...

I am afraid I am very late this week but hope to get around everyone...
I love your octopus!!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #20
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Stacy, and for your good wishes for my recovery. I am doing very well indeed - a lot better than I expected! I am hoping that the results will all be fine and I can move on with my life again - I can't wait to get to grips with the foiling and all the other fun stash I've been collecting lately.

Shoshi x #19

Janice M said...

Oh I recognize that cake stamp! Can't wait to see what you make with that box of goodies!