7.14.2021

WOYWW #632 {watercolors}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 what my desk has looked like the last few days, shot on tuesday evening. 


a little while later, I cleared off a spot to start something else. this took me by surprise how goopy this masking fluid is, I am not sure if I have a "bad" or old batch of it or if all of it looks this way. going to be  a tall skinny landscape I think. behind that, well we had a yard sale last weekend and I had set aside some things I didn't play with much to be in the sale, and before it started. ( these boxes were in the barn a couple of years) I rescued some and hauled them back up stairs. yeah, I know you are laughing.


We had to laugh at each other when we walked out of the airport a couple of weeks ago, we have nearly the same shades. (the reason I have not been online much, and this was taken before the bootleg fire started hence the blue skies) Yesterday, that fire had crossed the county line in the east and has moved into Lake county. at this point the home that was my step moms parents has been lost to the fire and the home my Aunt & Uncle live in is safer. ( they did not evacuate, they stayed home and watered things daily, she is a dog breeder and has one dog that is supposed to have a litter this week and one that is in heat) but, the fire crews are digging roads for fire stops and so far that is working. for the size of this fire, if it had swung around to the south west of where it started it would already be in California and where I live would be gone, but the direction its moving right now is in national forest land where there are remote and isolated ranches and farms and homes along the edges of it. 
So, that's about it from me, stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So scary about the fires, i'm glad you are safe but sorry to read about the home where your step mom's parents once lived, you keep safe. Yes it's a pain when we go to use things and they have dried up, gone gloopy or unusable, i'm wary of anything that contains water, it all tends to have a shelf life sadly nothing lasts forever. I hope you find your able to use it for what you intend.
Take care & Happy WoywW Tracey #9

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read about those bootleg fires. I don't know why I haven't heard about them here in KS.

I don't think that masking fluid is any good. It looks almost "curdled." Maybe it froze at some point. Tracey is right about water, too. If it isn't distilled water, it will go bad fast and smell terrible. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

All this sounds very scary and I'm so pleased to hear you are safe and hope it stays that way. I have found in the past that once you open the masking fluid it doesn't keep very long. Stay safe and hope you have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x16x

Neet said...

It has made harrowing reading about the fires. Sorry to hear that people you know have been suffering because of the fires. I know CA gets lots of them and when my friend was alive she lost her home to one of them a couple of months before we were due to visit. it was awful to go and see the devastation the fire had left and really brought it home to us what it is like living there with the fires. She lived in Sylmar (I think it was something Canyon fire). That was the second home she had lost and some of the stories the family told us during our stay that year were heartbreaking. I could not understand how the fire jumped like it did. Some of the houses were totally untouched where it had jumped over them to start devouring properties again in its wake. Terrible terrible. So glad you are safe.
I do get annoyed at some products that seem to have a short shelf life. The trouble is we do not know how long it has been in the store before we buy it some times. I just now we have an expensive hobby.
Stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Helen said...

I am so glad that at present you are staying safe and you are not in danger of the fire. It is truly awful. I bought some masking fluid years ago and only tried it once, I don't think it was like yours (but probably is now!!) Take care and stay safe Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

That’s dreadful about the fires. It must be very scary to live anywhere near the fire and heartbreaking to lose your home. I will be praying the fire burns itself out and nobody else’s home is lost. Angela #7

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Stacy stay safe yourself, those fires are scary. Am loving the sunglasses selfie, and the small fail on the yard sale stuff….I totally get it. At least this way you can go through it and reminisce before selling it all!! I’ve got some goopy masking fluid, I think it goops with age because it was like painting on heavy cream initially. Stil works though.

Sarah Brennan said...

So sorry to hear about the fires STacy and glad that you are safe at present. Awful for those who have lost their homes. The masking fluid does look a bit goopy - hope it still works OK. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Diana Taylor said...

That looks like one busy desk, with lots of interesting stuff on it! I hope the masking fluid works -it looks a little gloopier than it should. The fires look terrifying, they have been on our news - I'm sorry your family has been affected by them, I hope you stay safe and they are soon under control.
Happy WOYWW,
Diana xx #19

My name is Cindy said...

Oh my those fires sound scary - is it becoming more common or do we just hear about them more these days? I love that your things did not last long in the 'selling' piie. I'm a bit like that when I'm clearing the wardrobe - 10 things get pulled out....at least 2 go back in. Of course I never throww anything away in the craft room! Thanks for the visit, Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy xx #8

Shoshi said...

That looks extremely gloopy masking fluid, Stacy! Hope you can get it to work OK. The fires sound really frightening and I hope everyone will be safe and not too much damage done.

Thank you for your visit and your good wishes. I'm doing very well post-op but my hubby has given me his awful throat bug so I'm feeling quite poorly today! The Pakistani card is almost complete now and I'm super-thrilled with the vibrant colours. Today I added lots of sparkle and shimmer.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18

Susan Renshaw said...

The fires are terrifying!
And what a busy desk!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


Janice M said...

That would so be me....digging in the box and keeping things! Wow fires like thst are so scary! Glad you are all okay!