8.19.2020

WOYWW #585 {Herringbone}

 Happy desk peeking day,

if you'd like to see more spaces or play along with us
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 This is a do-over kind of a thing. You know Dare to get Dirty starts on the 22nd and I have made a few samples for other challenges besides my own and one of the ones I finished last weekend I was was totally nope, that is not going to fly. so, here we have evidence of a starting over again on that project. This time with different brands of watercolors. I want this to look very faded like with an almost white washed wood effect so, there has been a lot of blotting going on.
Everything else could be expressed as just Ditto. ( same things different day)
Hunting season starts here on the 29th and we get to have in person hugs on the 6th of September so, the mental counting down clocks are going full stream ahead. I hope you are all hanging in there too. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I miss hugs...didn't realise what a touchy feely person I am until we had to stop hugging a friend hello or goodbye! Your project is amazing, I had to zoom in to have a look at the paper because I couldn't see the detail at first. Your aim to achieve a whitewashed look has definitely succeeded!!
HUgs LLJ 6 xxx

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous paints - your project looks great and definitely whitewashed. have a great week . soojay#22

Helen said...

I miss hugs too! love the water colours. Helen #2

My name is Cindy said...

Hugs - so hard not to hug when you meet up with people!! My son is fed up with me as he is my go to hugger now as he goes out as rarely as I do. I love the idea of a countdown to hugs though - think I might go a bit mad. Now what will you do with those watercolours? Happy WOYWW, stay well, safe, Cindy #21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's kind of strange not being able to touch people. I nearly shook hands with someone the other week and then stopped just in time, it's just so difficult. Desk looks busy and nice project on the go. Wishing you a happy woyww and a lovely creative week. Angela x14x

SusanLotus said...

Hey!
Always enjoyable to look at other WOYWW´ers.
Looking for inspiration to get started and create this autumn again. My desk looks so awful that I'm staying away from it now in the heat. There may be a later problem.
Dare to get Dirty sounds like a fun challenge. May take a look later.
Have a cozy week!
Sussie No. 33

Caro said...

I miss hugs too. They are such an important part of how we communicate. Love the gorgeous paints. Sorry I am late commenting. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

Julia Dunnit said...

It will be so nice to greet our friends with a hug again, it seems so strange not to. I didn’t know that watercolours varied so wildly by make, how interesting. Pretty sure your challenge project will be everything you envisage, I look forward to seeing it. Hope the skies around you are clear now.

Shoshi said...

What an interesting project - very subtle and delicate. I love your pretty palettes too, and your gorgeous paints!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23

Susan Renshaw said...

Virtual hugs until then - and for us a lot longer I think!
Love the peek at your desk...
Sorry I am so late posting - have a good week!
Susan #10