8.08.2020

Inspired by { Allen Designs}

 This week we are taking a look at Allen Designs where I found this waves vase that had really cool movement and colors and then I started poking around in my new to me stamps basket and pulled out this set to add another one to my done pile for this year.

The perfect bow gnomes is from Stamping Bella and was stamped on some Strathmore watercolor paper (twice) and I die cut the one that became the bottom layer with a Simon Says Stamp stitched square die, the top layer was cut out with scissors and paper pieced back into the design. ( except the balls and string at the ends of the hats) I almost did not use this stamp because, when I first bought it I did not notice that the mouths and smiles are over the tops of the beards. strange I thought and set it aside. the funny thing is I have not seen any other comments about that either so, I guess it does not look that bad. I pulled this foiled printed paper out of a scrap bin to mimic the movement of the waves on the vase and then found some silver ribbon for a little extra shine. This card is 6" square in real life and headed to the booth in November.


This was watercolored with some QoR & Prima watercolors and has some polychromos pencil over the top with a little bit of Stardream & gold gelly roll gel pens over that in places.
You can find this vase here inside their site. And you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: