8.12.2020

WOYWW # 584 {random thoughts}

 Happy desk peeking day,
if you'd like to see more spaces or play along with us
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

My Actual desk on Wed am. I am one of those people who plays with the scraps when I am putting things away and the other day I had made a sample for the Inspiration challenge which I am hosting that goes live this week and I had wanted a second generation deer on the project so, this deer is the first generation of ink and I seen these Waffle flower dome dies and thought this could be a little scene if you play with them and fun thing I found was the bases that come in this set cut the woodgrain pattern into that piece. ( fun stuff, this is very preliminary and will get inked and such as I go along I am sure) the paper glaze and Impression Obsession sentiments are new ones that are waiting a turn to be played with too.


It's been so hot all summer long we actually had a thunder shower with lightning that hit the power converter box on the pole between my house and my neighbors house. it knocked the power out last Thursday for a little while ( it really only took the power co. 2 hours to get that box switched out and restored) very nice. so, the drive way looked like a little stream and there was fairly good sized hail with the show too.
personally I like to sit on the porch when it rains in the summer ( and its coming straight down not in sideways right) I love how it smells when it is so hot and then all the sudden it rains. but, Izzy was less than impressed. She really wanted back in the house but, she also wanted me to go inside with her. 


Part of our drive way, The streets where we work were completely flooded for a couple of days after and then when it was all over they said we got a 1/2" of rain. the drainage systems here are not set up to handle the water loads like they see on the East Coast of the U.S. where they talk about getting their rain in inches and feet. 

that mountain in the background, it disappears from the view on days the valley fills with smoke, so the rain was nice, it really knocked a lot of that down.


 Just something fun, I have been finding clumps of frogs in the green house this last week or so, this year has been less frogs than previous years it seems so, its always fun to find them. ( most of them hopped off when I sprayed this tomato with the water hose. That's about it from me, I hope you are all doing well and thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Helen said...

as I read this there is thunder in the distance but it doesn't seem to be coming this way with the rain (sadly) good thing your power wasn't off too long. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting die set which is the same make as a set I have just received, it's there nesting banners. Loving your little frog friends. Wish it would rain here then it might cool down a little. Wishing you a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x16x

Karen said...

Nice deer image to play with ~ I know what you mean about the smell of a hot summer rain ~ I sit on my screen porch too to enjoy it. Love your froggy friends as well ~ Enjoy your week.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

There is a word for that smell when it rains after a long dry spell - PETRICHOR - I do know some useless trivia, lol!! I love being out in the rain too and would love a veranda to sit under!! Well done for using the scraps as you go along, so many people have more scraps than large papers!
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Just seen your comment on my blog - I'm so pleased I horrified you and your co-workers with the crochet outfits, lolol!! Offending people around the world, oh yeah baby..... :-)
LLJ xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad you didn't have to wait too long for power to be restored with the climate changes it's a constant worry regarding drainaged it'd needed in many parts of the uk. Izzy is looking like a big girl now Stacy, so sweet. Enjoy working on your crafty things, lots of lovely stuff to play with I see.
Happy Woyww Tracey #3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

We've had a month's worth of rain in the last couple of nights Stacy. Our road looked like a river last night, but luckily, the drains could cope and it's all gone this morning. Hope the storm t least brought cooler weather with it. Glad your power wasn't out for too long. Woof to Izzy. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, that set of dies looks really useful, I may have to look out for that!I too love the smell of rain falling when it's been super hot- this week our temperatures have been hitting the 30's, which isn't as bad as some places, but here in the UK, it's almost unheard of!Lovely shot of your front garden, and great pic of the frogs.Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Sue Jones said...

aww poor dog - i would love a porch to sit on - not that we have had much rain here just 10 mins this morning , at least it is a little cooler now. The dies look fab enjoy using them. Sorry i am late getting round this week. Have a lovely week. soojay#22

Shoshi said...

A very tidy desk, Stacy, and I love your deer on the dome die cut - gorgous! Your stormy photos were quite dramatic - dark skies. I'm glad the rain has damped down the smoke, and I hope you don't get flooding. Poor Izzy sitting on the doormat saying "Pleeeease let me in!" Bless her! What gorgeous little frogs! Quite a find, and so sweet that they sit together like that.

Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you like the tiny carpets! I'm not quite making them up as I go along - I have made the designs on graph paper and I'm following those. Our kitties are endlessly entertaining with their antics! I always say they are the most photographed kitties in the world because I simply can't resist it when I catch them doing something funny!

We are both very thrilled with how the whole-food plant-based lifestyle is going - and not just with the awesome weight loss, but all the other health benefits too! I just wish I'd known about it years ago because I could have saved myself a great deal of sickness - decades of inflammatory bowel disease followed by colon cancer, both of which have been proved to be diet-related diseases. Still, better late than never, and for my hubby, it's giving him a new lease of life and pushing back the very real risks he was facing with his health. The joy of it is that it really isn't hard to do and the food is delicious too, and no restrictions on how much you can eat! Win-win!! Yay.

Shoshi x #18

Susan Renshaw said...

We too had torrential rain, thunder and lightning last night...

Your desk looks lovely and tidy...

Sorry I am late getting around.
Stay safe and keep well...
Susan #13

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m really late this week, sorry! Funnily enough, I was watering our teeny garden yesterday and a frog bounced out from under the shade of a bush. One of our 3 sides of neighbours has a pond, so I guess he was just on holiday in our garden. I was going to try to relocate him so that he was at least in next to right fence for getting into the garden with the pond, but he wasnt having that, just bouncing away and anywhere!! I love that the die gives you the wood grain too, how useful a step that is for a snow globe; i can see the cogs ticking in your head for this one, its going to be great! That was some serious hail there, isn’t it weird how it seems to be on hot days that it comes down! We have folding doors on a couple walls under quite a large overhang so it rarely rains inside, and this last week has been really very hot for Britain, so when it poured with rain on Friday, it was very nice to have all the doors open and slowly start to get that ‘fresh’ smell back!