8.05.2020

WOYWW # 583 {flat surface filing syndrome}

 Happy desk peeking day,
if you'd like to see more spaces or play along with us
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW


I kid my husband on a regular basis that he has flat surface filing syndrome and I had to laugh and take this shot mid stride on Tuesday because, every time I am working on something or several somethings it really does look like this, not an inch to spare.
and if I walked over to that table this morning you would not see any of this as it was all put away last night after messing around with a few more ideas. ( none of it has been glued together.)
the tutorial in the front is a print out from SCS last week's thing to make a slimline gatefold card and I have not gotten around to that yet but, it caught my eye.
in other news the wind is blowing the other direction so we have good air quality at the moment & we are all doing well if not weary of the whole covid situation but, hanging in there. Hope you are all doing well too. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the desk Stacy, a busy desk is always a good sign that the crafter is well and has a head full of ideas. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x10x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I'm glad that the air quality has improved and the fires are no longer a problem....Covid, wel that's another matter. We are having slight resurgence in the UK but not in my area at the moment. I like the downs of FSFS, I think quite a few deskers have filled every flat surface today, lol!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Helen said...

what's a flat surface?! glad the air quality has improved some. Have a good week. Helen #1

Anne said...

Hi. I try to keep tidy but always end up with similar and then have to have another big clear up :-)
Anne X 15

Sarah Brennan said...

My desk starts and finishes the day tidy too Stacy, it's the in between times... lol. I have a piece of hook and loop stuck to the bottom of all my ink pads for the foam pads, do you do that too? Hope the wind continues to blow the smoke away from you. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #4

Julia Dunnit said...

Flat surface filing syndrome, oh Stacy you genius! Brilliant name for it. My husband doesn’t see it at all, although when I have cleared and (vertically, out of sight, properly) filed the business stuff, he always remarks that the little section of workroom dedicated to being our business office looks empty for some reason!! My desk...never going to happen I dont think! Am interested in the tutorial, it would have caught my eye too because I have a ‘thing’ for teacups and spoons, real or stamped! Very pleased to hear that you’re getting some fresher air now, blimey these things have such an impact on so many and for so long. Had to smile at the hairy colours in top of your photo, I have no idea why, but that storage really pleases me and they just look great all together and colourful like that!!

Angela said...

Wow! I haven't heard "SCS" in such a long time! Years ago I used to find such inspiration there and loved sharing what I made. I'll have to go and revisit soon. Love the peek of your work in progress! - Angela #31

Susan Renshaw said...

My husband reckons I have flat surface filling syndrome - luckily I have several flat surfaces!
Love your desk!!
Sorry I am late visiting...
Stay safe and keep well
Susan #3

Shoshi said...

Well Stacy, the title of this blog post had me very intrigued, I must say! It was a very good bit of click bait. I had visions of someone filing away at some sort of horizontal surface like a table, making it nice and smooth, and to see all that stuff on your desk did make me wonder. Lol lol!! I think my hubby's version should be called Floor Filing Syndrome. Like with your hubby, not a grain of sawdust in sight. He's been clearing out his filing cabinet this week and it looks as if WW3 has hit the room at the moment. He'd better clear it up before our cleaning lady comes tomorrow!!!

Sorry to be so late visiting. I'm desperately trying to visit all desks before tomorrow looms.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18