8.14.2020

Inspired by {Garden Fence art}

 I came across some painted wooden fences a while back and thought, how cool is that. ( ours are stained cedar color) and although I would be highly unlikely to do such a thing at home it has had me stopping to admire buildings and things down town that have done murals on them. And I started a pinterest board ( found here ) to gather some of them together. I really love the painted old doors. and the reclaimed/ recycled shots. And then the reality kicked in and right now, I am working on adding to my Christmas cards stash so, I settled on this white washed tree painted scene in this pin here.


I did consider white washing the Kraft colored cardstock with some acrylic paint and using an embossing folder but, I was thinking that I would have too much texture and stamping on that would be really more of a miss in the hit and miss category so, instead I grabbed a weathered wood distress pad and inked up the old SU hardwood background stamp. And then over that I stamped the Tim Holtz tall pines with some Versafine clair shady lane (green) and an Spectrum Aqua chocolate marker. than then I added in some of the winter looking trees from the Stamptember 2017 & great outdoors sets that he has ( they are very similar sets with the scale being a little bit different) I used the black pad for the sentiment ( both lines are from each of the two sets as you can see it changes the font size) and then I added some detailing with a dark grey stabilio pen. The deer is a second generation image in this scene and I decided to add some simply white Nuvo drops with a nod towards the white washing I left off. This card finished out at A2 in real life and YAY for me got another Christmas card done. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: