9.26.2018

WOYWW#486 {before & after}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

So on Monday after work I had stamped off a couple of sheets of the Ellen Hutson mondo holly stamp and colored them with some distress oxide inks and pencils over the top. just random backgrounds.I did cut both the Hero Arts sun and moon dies and they cut the hole so, I used spellbinders circles to cut them away from the cardstock and set them aside. ( it will take my brain a while to figure out how to use those so, they are sitting there to be thought about)  and then I walked away leaving the table to look like this on tuesday afternoon. The blue travel coffee mug contains ice water (when you see the grey one it has coffee in it)

on Tuesday night after work hubs and his hunting buddy were busy until 8 so, I had some free time and I went back up the stairs from the shot I had shown you when I got home and ended up making 5 Christmas cards. they are not all the way done, the insides need lined and I am am waiting for daylight to see if the berries need some white gel pen or maybe some sparkle. not sure yet. the other three are from the pile of smooshed asparagus and they have bitty tim holtz pine cone charms tied on. I did do all the sentiments of all of these in my Misti as I knew I wanted to do them twice on the watercolor paper and without checking on one of the ones ( top right) I did press the sentiment putting the paper in the same spot and haha it went over the "boughs" which looked dorky to me and it got pushed aside. I will have to look at it again in the day light to decide if it will hit the bin or not.
I will be driving all day for work today so making the rounds will come late from me, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, love the cards! It's o annoying when a mistake is made, like you I have a look again the next day to see if I can live with it or not. I've got better at telling myself 'it's only paper', lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

Helen said...

shame about the stamping! pretty cards though. Helen #7

Caro said...

Gorgeous cards... stamping can be a mixed blessing can't it - wonderful when it goes well, but annoying when it doesnt. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day. God Bless. Caro x (#23)

Sarah Brennan said...

Love those cards Stacy, even if you haven't quite finished them. The layouts are great and the holly really pops. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lindart said...

Lovely Christmas cards! Not even thinking Christmas yet, until Halloween is done! Happy fall, have a great week, Lindart #21

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the way you work Stacey and try to emulate it. Having some bits partly stamped, cut out, whatever, and then re-visiting when you’ve had time to think about them..and boom! Five cards in a ‘bit of time’ WOW! They look lovely. Am super impressed that youre still drinking iced water...I don’t like plain water much, I think it’s a real discipline to drink it from choice!

StampinCarol said...

Your cards look great! Too bad about the sentiment being off on one. Hope you have a great day and safe driving!
Carol N #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think your cards are fab and really like your working method! Although making mistakes is a pain, you've got the right attitude in dealing with it!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacey, I'm loving the look of your cards. I can only just see the card that you didn't like but only you will know it's not how it should be so I shouldn't worry as someone will love it. Have a lovely week and a happy woyww, Angela x16x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your cards are looking good but I know what you mean about not being happy sometimes!Hope they look better to you in the morning! Chrisx 24

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Stacy, I do love to see holly and berries on Christmas cards. I'm sure you will find a way to work around the little mishap, art is all about making mistakes and it makes it unique.. hope you can save it!
Happy WOYWW Tracey #4

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Your cards are lovely - well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1