9.16.2018

Inspired by {QiQi Gallery}

This week the Inspiration hunting has commenced here inside the QiQi gallery at Etsy
You can find this challenge here to play along.

So, I found this piece ( seen below) and loved every single detail, the colors the textures. and I set out to try this with alcohol inks and embossing powders. the old copper I have is some really old large granular stuff from Stampa Rosa that is similar to Ultra thick embossing enamel. 
( it did not go well with Yupo paper) 
So, starting over I came up with a piece of blues and greens I loved and cut two squares small enough to get two cards from the sheet.

 This is the first one and I used a piece of Shimmery stardream Copper for a raised frame on some pale aqua shimmer base and this one is 6" square. and then it sat like this for a while because, I just love the background and did not want to take away from that.

 So, I picked up the scraps and did this 5 1/2" square version with the other piece. the base on this one is shimmery stardream copper. the blue frame on this one is DCWV and the sentiment panel is from Stampa Rosa and is up on foam dots.

 And then when I went to put them away I happened to see this previously stamped Hero Arts (you're beautiful set) sentiment on the SU sea foam banner and thought those colors work and wiggled it in and called it done.
So, the happy part is the background is still mostly visible.

The beautiful artwork that inspired these cards can be seen here in the QiQi gallery. If I could find a blank space for this it would totally be on its way to me already. :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: