9.21.2018

Inspired by {just for fun flags}

This week Brenda has pointed us in the direction of the just for fun flags online store. I seen so many cute things in there that would translate ( for me ) into cards if I had just more OOmph. so, that being said I did find this autumn flag that has all the things I love layers of textures and colors and as I set out to recreated it. more than a couple of changes came along the way.

 Earlier in the week I had received some happy mail from Hero arts in the form of the September my monthly hero kit (sentiment) and this new textured leaves set. my first thought when I seen the leaves online was they would make quick cards with oxide inks. ( and they do) I did use two inks on each leaf inking it with the lighter color all over then the darker shade on the edges before stamping. I was trying to pick up all the color in the IC flag and instead of chalkboard sign for the center I did end up just doing a simple black ink sentiment. Distress oxide colors on this leaf are Old Paper, Bundled Sage, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey & Spiced Marmalade.
 This card finished out at 4" X 7" in real life.



My first card front that I had stamped I tried to do the leaves up and down from the center and ended up using single colors of ink on the leaves that also included Aged Mahogany &Vintage Photo.in addition to all the ones listed above. This one is A2 in real life on a piece of Tim Holtz orange that has that kraft core to it.
a look at what this flag that inspired this card looks like and where you can find this challenge to play along with us. Happy First day of Autumn! & thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, these are gorgeous fall cards, and I love the leaves in the Oxide inks. They stamp so well, and what a beautiful new sentiment! I love the flag you chose, and it's a perfect one for the cards you've done! I love them, sweet friend! Hugs and love! xoxo