2.24.2016

WOYWW # 351 {a timelapse}

A studio table with a mess view... (if you want to play along the link up starts here at our hostess Julia's blog)

 This is a tuesday evening shot... lets see off to the left are some art impression stamps I had on my wish list at Amazon for a while and I was putting together an order for the wider frog tape ( yellow container far right) and the post it note tape (box under that) so, I had tossed some of those has to be an add on stamps into the cart. along with an stencil of draped vine leaves. (also is anything that just got hauled up stairs from being water colored and needing to become a card)
 a closer look at the center. some unmounted stamps I have had a little while top left view that just have not been put away yet, some of the masking tape was used to do the wagon in the center view scene. and it I did use two pieces of tape to create the mask and it worked pretty well ( because, I did not stamp over the top handle part most likely) some extra flower pots for stacking consideration. Oh, I also had a new identi pen in that order too.
( I use this to write on the plastic envelopes I store the dies and clear stamps in much faster and cheaper than printing labels) The laptop computers ( Gina K ) were also water colored on the edges of them so the one card I ended up trying with that I used a gyro tool to cut out the center and put the computer on pop dots over it.

 Now, this is what happened to stall all the card making from last week until yesterday. I was in the middle of doing something totally different ( procrastinating about making a birthday card for Hubs ( whose is friday) and ds ( whose is next week) and something set me off. Oh, I got a text for a order of 8 birthday cards ( that had to say "grand son and grand daughter" on them, so I was tearing through sentiment stamps digging thinking of course I have that... ( I do not) I have some Gina K ones that I had mounted to wood years ago that are , father, grandfather, son, hahahaha... so, and they are scripty not cut up able like typewritten fonts. at any rate I have a lot of skinny one line sentiments ( this is just a drop in the bucket) and I thought well you really need to get these things better organized because, I am wandering around the room to look at wood mounted words, then foam mounted woods and I thought if you unmount them you could put them all together... and so it started. and Yes, I cut apart that whole sheet in this shot ( and two before it) and it is such a sticky nasty mess I thought how does anyone ever do this...
and then I did some more. this was the end of the sheets I had in the closet. so, then I went on line and started picking peoples brains... and the answer came back.. use a hot knife. ( check Amazon is a handy thing, I think it will be delivered today or tomorrow) now all I need is a glass cut board. so a run through the grocery store on the way home should take care of that. ( now all I have to do is hope the cord on the thing will reach the table hahaha... ) oh got more foam sheets coming too. ( this I think is going to work better in the long run. a lot of people suggested leaving them as neekid rubber and putting some glue on the backs and I thought about it but, the thing is some of these stamps are getting close to the 20 year mark and the rubber is feeling a little fragile compared to the newer ones. so, I am thinking the foam may extend its life as they age. who knows if that is true or not. and nope, I am  not going to do big images just the sentiments I think. ( the bulk of my collection is sentiments)
so, these last two sheets are off to the side out of the above photos.

ETA My grocery store does NOT carry glass cutting boards, only plastic or wood... so, if you use a hot knife, will a wood cutting board work??

PS#2: the watere colored things that have been come cards so far were all lumped together in tuesday's post... 'cept the Two Papers Diva's ones from the center... so consider your selves peeked... 

11 comments:

ToadilyDiane said...

Oh my goodness - I love the coloring on your red wagon and flowers!
Have a great day!

Diane WOYWW #44

glitterandglue said...

Oh my word - talk about one thing leading to another - that old faithful - the "knock-on effect"!!!!! I do hope you get straight and can make those cards you have on order.... I like the coloured images you have done - they are great.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #40

Anonymous said...

I *love* the scene you created with the wagon and the pots -- just lovely. Power to you, mounting all of those stamps. I'm sure it will be wonderful to have them ready to use. I've never bought any unmounted rubber and am not sure I would want to take the time to do that . . . I guess if I really loved the image I would. :-) Happy WOYWW and happy week. ~ Laura #60

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love those Art Impressions stamps and what you've done with them so far. No comment on all that UM rubber... looks like work. EEK! PJ #63

Sharon said...

All your stamping looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished cards. I hope you get/got the cards finished!

Sharon K #47

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stacy, turn a corningware dish upside down. It's glass. Do you have an old glass platter? Cake plate? Walk around your house, any of the framed photos have glass? The wood may burn, I mean, isn't it a wood-burning tool? As for sentiments, I don't see why you don't make your own in Photoshop or similar editing software with the Text tool. I'm having a blast creating my own. It's not hard. Create a file the dimensions of your card front and then you can size the sentiment.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, I apologize - I got so involved in trying to help with your dilemma that I forgot to tell you I love looking at all your card parts, so nicely done! And all those stamps on cling? My hand hurts just thinking about cutting them all. Got a chuckle at the retirement sentiment - so true for me, I could say that. lol My hubby retires in 2017 and I'm petrified, haha. I like my alone time! I joined WOYWW this week and am having fun visiting everyone. xoxo

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Stacy, what a project! I am overwhelmed with all the stamps I have. But tackling something like this would do me in for sure! Good luck with your humongous project!
I love your little image you are coloring with the wagon and pots. Also, is that a cow to the left. I can't wait to see that on one of your cards! :) Thanks for the earlier visit. #70

Neet said...

I've even gone to paying that bit extra for the stamps to be mounted on foam and cut out - I detest the job of sticking them on myself - and cutting! That was some task you undertook.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I have to agree with Neet, I have done that job before and I hate it so well done you. Happy crafty WOYWW, Angela x 28

SusanLotus said...

Great stamps! And beautifully coloured.
Have a great weekend!
Sussie, nr 50, late on WOYWW commenting...