2.05.2016

Bunnies Everywhere

 Did you smile when you seen this? I did, I totally love bunnies to color and dies so this new release that starts today at Two Paper Diva's is so fun for me that bunnies are coming up everywhere.
You can find all the new sets gathered together here in the store. This bunny is from the set called Hoppy Day and He was stamped with memento gray flannel and colored with copic markers. The sentiment is stamped from the Everyday sentiments set and cut out with a spellbinders labels trio die. that check ribbon is  a really old one from Micheals and its tied on with some scrappers floss. It's mat was run through the big shot with a Cuttlebug herringbone folder, and diecut with a My Favorite things rectangle stitched dies. This panels is up on pop dots above that bo bunny printed ruler paper. this one is 5 1/2" square in real life.

 A closer look at the coloring, its just flecks of color over the base which was the palest shade used.

 So, at the same time I had the brown bunny being colored I also did one in shades of gray. with similar flicking motions for texture on the fur. This was cut out with scissors and up on pop dots on this simple gift tag.
 The interesting thing about this tag is it's a recent Micheals find. that is straight out of the packaging color. So, I picked up a couple of packs both this blue ish green and a soft rose color. It is just thin paper die cut though, so I did glue a second tag to the back side of this for stability. that check ribbon is an old Christmas one from Micheals and the sheer is unknown. that sentiment is stamped from the Everyday sentiments set. So this is about 5 1/2" tall x 2 1/4 is wide in real life.

 Now this is just fun, there is a new set called bunny border. ( and it has two sides to the bunnies this same back view as the large bunny from hoppy day and a front view so they alternate across the stamp making a border. and the first thing I did with these was color a row of pink and blue bunnies. they made me think of those huge stuffed bunnies you used to see people get at Easter in the 70's but, I had also recently picked up this My Neighborhood set and thought the bunny is totally scaled to fit in this the way people do those big fun yard decorations know what I mean? So, I added some grey over the pastel blue and cut this bunny out of the line up to place him over the house. These were colored with waterbased markers.

 Another one of those memory things, do you remember those sugar eggs people used to build for Easter with scene's on the inside? this is a CAS version of that. I used the spellbinders nested egg shapes to make the frame which is up on pop dots above the bunny scene and that sentiment is also from the Hoppy Day set.
This one is 5 1/2" Square in real life.

I am totally sure if you spend any time viewing the mess piles of the table where I stamp these scraps are recognizable as having come from recent projects. and it just makes me happy to use them up. the polkadot print is from Basic Grey, the pink textured cardstocks are from Die Cuts With a View and Coredinations. Cut with a lil' inkers stitched bunny die and the sentiment on this is also from the Hoppy Day set stamped in Spanish Moss Versafine and cut with a Mama Elephant slim tags die. This card is 5 1/2" Square in real life.
This is day one of the release and you can find links to what everyone on the team has been up to here on the Two Paper Divas blog. Here you can see day two sets being released and read about entering the give away for the For Peeps Sake set.

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Stacy these are very beautiful
Gr Karin

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love how you colored those bunnies. They look like I should reach out and pet them! Cute cards--all of them.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well I guess this post just connected with me a lot. Love those Easter-ish bunny cards. You did a fine job with them. xoxo, Aimeslee