2.12.2016

Simple diecut cards

 A while back there was a challenge about neekid stamping... to make a background and stamp a line image over the top of it, and this is what I did and then I thought about it some more and thought... there is no stamp lol... so, I never uploaded this one to the gallery at splitcoast. The base is Mello Moss and this one is A-7 in real life. that copper shimmer bloom is an Poppy Stamps die and the background is a scrap from this card.  (yeah, don't look at the upload date of the other card that really surprised me)
funny side note we are in the middle of Hubs is making cabinets for the space (the L) part of a room that used to be a breezeway between the garage and the house before it was connected a couple of years ago. so, in the laundry room. the room this hallway connects to is a basket of fabric that I am "going to" iron on the papers that make fabric into iron on papers lol... and while hunting for this old card to link to I found the original ironed on die cut clean and simple cards I made that made me go out and buy this basket full of fabric and I guess its been enough years that the time has come.

 This one June gave me a few die cuts to play with this new rose from SU. ( I am really impressed with the size of it.) I did pat on some green ink to the leafy parts and this is glued to the vellum with liquid glue. The scrappers floss through the button was colored with a copic marker and the vellum was machine stitched to a scrap piece of cardstock so, there was a way to glue that down.
and this was done for a "anything plaid" challenge a while back. the sentiment ( top blue part) is from SU and the bottom thanks is Stampendous.

This monday the Clean and Simple challenge asked for a Valentine with a heart... so, this is the one Hubs will actually receive this weekend. The background was done with Kurtake watercolors. ( they look red in the pan and end up fading to shades of pink) the heart brad I have had for so many years I no longer remember who makes it. that sentiment is from Unity Stamps love is grand set and the heart & arrow die are new ones from Simon Says Stamp. This is only 4 1/2" square in real life.

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are so lovely Stacy
Gr Karin

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards Stacy! LOVE the background of your first card ... so beautiful with the copper coloured bloom. And love the soft colours with the plaid background --- plaid is so hot right now. And your smooshed valentine's card is so sweet --- your hubby is going to love it. xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Fun die cut cards! I had to laugh that the title of the post is "simple diecut" because that first diecut is anything but simple. I'll bet it can be picky to get out of the die AND to glue down. My fave of the bunch is that heart! It makes me happy!!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous cards. I have the rose thinlit and need to break it out to cut. xoxo