11.15.2015

Sunday's cards

 Today's featured stamper is Jo and I came across this gorgeous card in her gallery this morning ( and promptly tossed that stamp set on my wish list) and then made some slight changes to come up with this. This version is 5" square. the kraft has that paper beg look and feel to it and the snowflake circle is one of my oldest stamps ( hero arts ) the let it snow is from Impress. changes were to add the snowflake button ( its in that messy bow) move the bow to the bottom and added some crystal stickles to the wreath.

 and because I had whacked off that card at 5" there was a 3 1/2" scrap laying there while I was making that embossing mess... so a few more happened. the standing up ones are A-2 and the laying down is 4 1/4" square. ( no bow's or button's on these versions)


 the view of what is inside those cards below. this was a while they were underconstruction shot.

 and those sentiments that got heat embossed was that only last weekend? they were finished today. the leaves were in the clearance bins at Micheal's after Halloween for like 80% off with the glitter already on them. ( they followed me home last weekend I think or maybe two weeks ago what ever weekend hubs had to go to sportsman's warehouse )
these are all A-2 in real life. the kind is heat embossed on the kraft in gold and the mats are bazzill gold mirror paper.

 nearly the same card just changed the center sentiment word. Also A-2.

 Now these were really the last two cards I did today ( I had some extra frames cut from the blue star flag cards below) and I had these kraft ( tim holtz layered snow diecut's that were embossed) these have been inked with antique linen on the edges with some white gel pen scratched along the tops of the embossing for a little oomph. the sentiment is from that SU set with the pine branches from a year or two ago ( forgot its name sorry) the snowflake paper I think may be authentique but, I may edit that part later.


a view of what my table looked like first thing this morning when we got home from running around that ended with a pit stop at Dutch Bro's ( there is a latte inside that cup) but the lid, the lid says "kindness matters" if you cannot read it...

now this came about because, last night I was kicking around playing with a Star die cut for a card I did yesterday and I thought some of my scraps would look good as stitched stars... and then I thought of this, so they happened today ( way early before the other snow & thanks cards) but, the order of these the photos flow a little better this way color wise I guess. and yes, I probably should have gave them their own blog post but, we set up the booth on Thursday night so if anything gets made tomorrow or the next day they will probably become more photos than words posts too.

No comments: