11.13.2015

Evergreen Wreath

 Have you signed up for those holiday Blitz emails?   this was the tutorial shared by Kittie a few days ago and I have been a huge fan of her wreaths for a long time so, I could not wait to try this one and I started punching branches with the punchie in two shade of green (thin) cardstock and it really wasn't going very smoothly for me. I bought this punch a long time ago when it was hard to get on ebay and I have since decided it is defective. It really felt like the handle was going to break off rather than cut the paper. and then later that night my husband said why don't you just order a new one... and so I did. and it came in the mail today so. I was able to lickely split punch a lot more branches to get "enough" I think I used at least 75-100 of them on this wreath. ( I did not count)

 The buttons are recent Micheal's crafts find in the bitty ornaments section. I put some scrappers floss in the holes and they are on with glue dots.

I did find both of my window dies were too narrow for the wreath when I was done building it so, I found this wood grain printed paper to be a "big door" look behind it. the sentiment is my favorite from Unity Stamps for Christmas and the photo corners are old Heidi swapp ones. this is 6" square in real life and boxed.

1 comment:

Kittie said...

Stacy, I love the wood background with your wreath. It so festive and rustic.