11.08.2015

Saturdays Cards

 The free for all challenge on friday was to use a coffee theme... the mix ability challenge had a chart where you could pick two of these and one of those from all the columns... so, I knew I had this image unearthed from the closet tin of previously colored images ( it was rak'd to me a long time ago and I no longer remember who sent it sorry.) so, I am thinking it was colored with copic's and one of my choices was to add pencil and glaze to it. and my normal thing for diamond glaze is to squirt just a bit on a scrap and apply it with a small paint brush.
and so... since half of what was left in that bottle hit the scrap and then some I ended up scrambling around to cover anything already colored with some of it...
 this is A-6 in real life.
the sentiment is from My Favorite things and is up on pop dots.

 Glaze drying...


 So, then there was happy mail on friday night too. :)


So, while all the glaze was drying I ended up stamping and heat embossing a whole bunch of these new sentiments, some on tags, some on scraps in mostly gold powder. ( a few in black) 
and the inspiration challenge this saturday headed to LL Bean.. and I found some things that would make good gifts for people on my list. and then inbetween the embossing/drying times I went back in there and looked around at the rugs section. ( found one that would make an awesome Thanksgiving card) but, since I knew I had these sentiments mostly ready to use I settled on this neutral rug and kept it simple. the printed paper is from die cuts with a view and the ribbon is from Micheals. 

 Seriously, this stuff took up the whole table (6') and over the top of the side table to the east with the embossing folders on it..

 I had ended up dragging the embossed tags through distress ink puddles on a kraft sheet made with stain and water. so, when it was mostly done I used this sentiment to mop up what was left. ( that is on some shimmery white so, it had a little bit of a resist to the paper. and there was still ink left for a second one to get dunked) This plaid paper is from DCWV and sparkles in real life.

 How the pumpkin turned out. ended up inking the edges of the panel away from the cracked glass with some distress inks, the lace is vintage, the sentiment is from SU.

 The second piece that ended up moping... the paper was a scrap so, no idea on the mfg. anymore this one is A-7 in real life though.

 I did do some on kraft besides the shimmery white and so, this has a little bit more read ability in real life than in this photo.  I think the other ones done on kraft may end up getting inked later.

 What the tags looked like from a birds eye view of everything drying on the table.
 I ended up adding some fibers to these on sunday but, so far have not done anything else to these yet.

 moved all those tags to the suitcase stacked in front of the west window to have some space to make everything you have already seen finished from Saturday... moving photos from my phone for the "before" type shots. These are all a little out of order since some came from the camera and some from the phone.

This blessed die is from Simon Says Stamp and the round stitched ones are from lawn fawn.

No comments: