4.09.2015

a few more cards

 Last Saturday the inspiration challenge was to look within our own blogs or galleries to find something to revisit and CASE. So, I spent a couple hours looking at this blog I kid you not. and I settled on this one because, usually on the weekends I am texting J back and forth quite a bit and when I made that card for him he later told me he thought it was the best card I ever made for him. He had another promotion last week and is now a Lance Corporal. Changes are I added in the IO porch image with the flag colored in a spotlight way and switched out the printed paper for a vintage map. this is 6" square in real life.

 Which lead me to coloring, I have had requests to have "Happy 4th of July"cards for the booth. I have to tell you, I don't make cards that say "Happy 4th of July" that seems to startle some people. I let it roll of my back but, I can do Patriotic. So, I colored this peddlers pack flag with copic markers and gelly roll glaze glitter pens. the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs.

 So, Since I had my boxes of Patriotic stamps out I paired this Deep Red band of Soldiers with this ODBD sentiment. the heart is also from ODBD.

 On Monday the Clean and Simple challenge was to make an Masculine card. and I had this extra band of brothers already stamped from Saturday and this new die from Heidi Swapp had followed me home and I thought hmmm, almost stamped I could not have done it without you on the inside but, that limits who could use the card and when I checked OWH recently. they now only accept A-2 cards... so this is 6" in real life.

 I needed a thank you card for my Easter gifts, that butterfly is wood and from bo bunny. added about 4 colors of stickles to the flowers on this printed paper.

 on Wed I had some time to play after work and this paper came out of the same pad as the card above. liked how it looked just like this so, stamped the great impressions sentiment in the white space.

Now, this took a while, the sailboat I cut the die pieces apart. a long time ago I never did that just ran the die through the machine a million times you know? but, now when I get them I do use a button shank remover to cut them apart so, I am not entirely sure the sails are on the right sides of the mast... and then I put the glue all over the star front of the long skinny side and then I was like oh you have that glue eraser.. and IT WORKS :) OH MY GOSH if you don't have this go get one... even if it means you have to find 25.00 worth of stuff to add it on and get it shipped. ( there ya go, it's my public service announcement for the day) :) the sailboat is a paper smooches die and the sentiment is from Hero Arts stamped in Adirondack stream. the machine stitching is only in the printed papers and not visible inside the card.

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are great and beautiful cards Stacy
Gr Karin

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your public service announcement was great and put a chuckle in my heart. Those glue erasers are so worth it! Don't get the pale cheaper one though, waste of $$$. Great selection of cards. You do great things with already printed paper to make it seem nice and complete.

Shoshi said...

What a marvellous collection of lovely cards, Stacy! All so varied and different. Thank you so much for your prayerful comment on my blog during my hospital stay. I am happy to be home now, and my recovery is going very well. I have so many lovely kind messages to reply to and each day making further inroads into the list! After this I hope to update both my blogs with further news.

Shoshi