2.20.2014

some of this last weeks cards


I sold out of wedding and sympathy cards in November so, this is the start of some new things for that this spring. 


those wild orchid crafts blooms do not lend themselves to paper envelopes very well so I buy these clear boxes from clearbags.com. I have ones for 5X7, 6" square, 5" Square & 4" square for sure and sometimes I buy other sizes and do other things with them. like once I bought some 3" boxes but, I don't sell the 3" cards in "sets" very often plus unless you were willing to make them all exactly the same they cannot see the inside cards so, I tend to just do single cards like this with no paper envelope and I tell people they can wrap the box in tissue paper after they sign and add the gift card or what not to it.


I did something last summer in red with roses with this ODBD sentiment and someone bought it for a sympathy card ( even though it was red and white not black or shades of gray ) and so, I was thinking well lets try something more somber. the gray crinkled ribbon is silk and unknown. that center diecut is from spellbinders for heartfelt creations called raindrops on roses. ( cut with wax paper)


This one was done with the scraps from an above card and the gal is tuesdays bathing beauty from whippersnapper designs colored with copic's the dies are spellbinders labels 8 & decorative labels 8. I traced around the outside of an labels 8 with a pencil and cut it with scissors as the inside of the die (where it would cut) is too small for this image and the largest die in the set works it is too big to lay over the top of the decorative one. this is up on pop dots. the roses are from the notions dept. at Joann's many years ago. with some seambinding and May Arts iridescent cord. this one is 5X7 in real life. 

No comments: