6.28.2024

Inspired by { Twig & Tweed}

 It's my turn to host the inspiration challenge and this week I have chosen this collection of boards by Twig and Tweed. Their web site can be seen here. Usually I leave an email to my self with a link to the photo I chose to CASE and this week, I forgot to do that. The one I chose is the last photo in the challenge post. Which is a gal with her chickens in front of an Orange VW bug bus. I found this on the "all pins" section and it does not tell me what boards its on, it tells me she pinned it from country living magazine. and the thing I took away from that photo was "Coral" not Orange. ha ha. so, I seen after I had painted her apron Coral that the main colors were orange and green. 

So I tried to find some papers that kind of sorta looked like a bridge between what the photo was and how I painted her. This is Franny Farmer from Stampin' Up! (and this is the first time I have colored her) She was stamped on some Arches cold press watercolor paper and painted with mostly Daniel Smith watercolors. I did add some white gel pen to the cheeks and the stitches on the apron pocket. and some brown fine liner pen to the words Chicken Feed on the sack she is holding. 

The yellowish frame was cut with an Time for tea stitched frame die and both of the sentiments were stamped on its drop piece. the top sentiment is from the Unity Stamps set called Coolest Chick ever and the bottom sentiment is from the Spellbinders house mouse set called Flower Market. these were both cut with a lawn fawn every day banners die. That whole panel with the painting and sentiments is up on foam tape as that lace is thick and clunky what's the word. clunny lace? something. mind went blank again. The green solid paper is from an old Graphic 45 pad and the print and yellow are Basic grey. This is on a piece of textured 6" square Bazzill. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: