1.23.2024

Watercoloring Negative Hearts

 This week Angie is sharing this video that shows painting the negative space around hearts for depth. I thought the video looked interesting and I gave it a whirl ( on strathmore student paper) 

I thought it may be interesting to have two the same layer touching. if I had to do it again I would have left space between them. 

first round of paint drying under wax paper.


First layer dried, I guess I could have also used some other pencil as I can barely make out the pencil lines here. 

First layer of hearts


next layer. 


So far I am liking the colors here but, I think I would like this better if it was something line forest trees or leaves or something botanical like that rather than the hearts. 


So I cut it down to 5" square wrapped some teal-ish Offray ribbon around the bottom. Poked around in my already stamped sentiments and did not see anything that said pick me. I did mount this to a 5 1/2" square of sparkle bazzill cardstock and this is as far as I got with it. I have to decide what I want to do with it to pick words I think. I am guessing they will be in the lower right corner over that ribbon though when I do figure it out. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: