1.12.2024

Inspired by {Notebook Therapy}

 Hi, this week Kia has chosen Notebook Therapy for the inspiration destination and I came across this pin of Gingerbread cookies. I liked the colors and the theme. So, I grabbed some scrap strips of Arches cold press and gave them a wash of "gingerbread" color. intending to die cut them with cookie dies. 

But, while I was waiting for them to dry I started shifting through the pile of new stamps that have come in and just under the top was the Adorn it Gingerbread collection 2 stack by Dianna Marcum. ( I have been making a pile on the table of new things rather than just putting them away.) So,  knowing I wanted to watercolor but, not really wanting to use good painting paper for it. I stamped them on some Strathmore Mixed Media paper. ( its smooth-ish and can take some water)And painted with both Daniel Smith and Windsor & Newton watercolors there is both WN white gouache and Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white on the bowl and snow on the cover panel.

The plaid piece on the left is actually glued on the inside of the card, the tiny ginger at the bottom was stamped on one of those ginger strips above and cut out with scissors. I have been seeing things like that on YouTube lately with people decorating the insides and backs of the cards & I like that a lot. So, the plaid sheet is from the Simple stories Country Christmas line. The cover image was die cut with an Memory Box Curved cap pinpoint layers die and is on a pre-made sparkly red Paper Accents cardbase.

The sparkle is impossible to shoot on a red card. ( I keep trying ha ha) at any rate there is also a blank white piece also cut with the same size die as the cover to have a place to jot a note and then the plaid recipe piece looks like the image above, I did not die cut it. So, I have been toying with the idea of taking it out and cutting it with a curve also but, so far have resisted that urge. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: