1.21.2024

Inspired by {My Red Door Designs}

 This week Denise has shared with us the My Red Door Designs which is a little quilt shop. The have a site, sell on Etsy and a collection of pin boards. So, I seen this heart quilt right off the bat when I peeked. 

And I pulled out some hearts I had diecut in the past. 


And then I promptly decided they were too not right. but, I had fun poking around in them and just might do something with them soon-ish so, they are still on the table. And I knew I had this old Authentique printed paper that has quilted hearts on it that I have like 1 sheet left. 


And I had cut a piece of it into a square and pushed it around on that red bazzill base for a couple of days also. And I kept wanting more texture. What I love about the quilts I own is touching the stitches. So, then I had an ah ha moment and dug out this old Hero Arts stitched heart, stamped it with some pinecone ink on some Neenah white ( which was glaring white with the vintage vibe the printed paper had) grabbed the trusty SU Canvas background and randomly stamped some of it with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink. It kind of grew layered and collaged from there. The Washi Tape postage stamp is from the 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Serenity Postage Washi Roll. ( these are very cool if you have not seen them there are perforated holes in between each "stamp" on the roll of tape, I know I have a few more of the patterns and one is vintage Santas ( swoon) The heat embossed heart is from the Paper Sweeties Homespun Holidays set and I colored the center with a fine liner pen. (cut it with scissors) The red string heart is a diecut from the Papertrey Ink Bows galore set. I did add some crystal stickles to the knot of it but, then I flipped the card at some point before it was completely dry so, it smeared and then I just added some stardust gelly roll pen to that and as faux stitches around the heat embossed heart and the edges of the tiny craft tag. The sentiment on that tag is from the Simon Says Stamp deer delivery set ( it was a free gift years ago, I am not sure they actually sold that one) and the tiny red brad is from Recollections. I did trim that panel down with a Tim Holtz Deckle trimmer as I wanted as much of that paper to peek out as possible so, I did end up cutting into that sheet to have a piece that would go edge to edge. The red lace is vintage and I don't have a lot of it, so I did cut it off at the edge of the cardfront instead of wrapping it all the way around like I normally would.  That heart strings sentiment is an old one from Susan Branch made by All Night Media. 


A cell phone shot trying to catch the sparkle. ( there is not a lot of it) And I kept thinking this could work as a Thank-You card so, 

I stamped this Tammy Tutterow Thank you heart from Spellbinders ( I've had it a while, I do not know if its still made) on some Neenah earthstone with Acorn ink and started coloring it with some reds and white and sparkle pens for the inside of the card. This is 6" square in real life. That's about it from me, I hope you are all doing well & thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS.


No comments: