1.13.2024

Birthday from the farm

 A very long time ago I used to trade stamped images on SCS with people in Pay it Forward stamped images threads and via Wish Rak. it was a good way to see the size of a stamp in person before you ordered in online because, at that time my coloring skills were very small and some images I did not know then what I know now to make it work. So, I did buy a lot of stamps to have things to "offer up" in trades. and that is when the collecting of "cute" stamps started. Over the years I have spent some time hunting down those stamps I really liked and wanted to play with again so, this week I received the Penny Black "from the folks" which is the cow with chickens on it. I don't know why but, it seems like the chickens and cow stamps do not come up for sale on the second hand sites as often say as Cats, Dogs or Hedgehogs do. So, this was a pretty exciting happy mail day in my world and I had to stamp one off and color it up that night.

I stamped it on some textured arches 100% cotton cold press paper so, the ink was not as perfect as if I had done it on smooth card and so, all the black you see here is actually watercolor paints as I went over the tops of the lines after the other colors were dry. There is a tiny bit of white gel pen on the heifers cheeks. I did use the crazy stitched die from Impression Obsession to cut that out, I just love the random stitching patterns on its edges and so, it hardly gets put away since I got that set. The tiny tag tied to the Martha Stewart ribbon was something I got a huge baggie of them once at a yard sale so, I think it was something people could get from an office supply store once upon a time. The sentiment on it is from My Sentiments exactly and there is some Distress Oxide vintage photo ink along the edges of all those papers. The print is a double sided piece from Graphic 45. The base is some textured sundance felt, cut to finish this card out at A6 in real life. I hope your having a good day & thanks for stopping by.


No comments: