12.27.2023

watercoloring a scene

 This week Linda has shared this video on YouTube about doing a minimalist scene with watercolor.

I was not really sure what kind of a building this was supposed to be either a barn or a home? hubs first thought was cabin but, I did do something similar to what I had watched starting with a quick sketch of the building.

With a water soluble pencil on some Arches 100% cotton cold press paper.

This is first round of paints.


And a little more, I did reverse the trees as the closest trees were on the right side on the video.


Added in some splatters and birds. 


As I was painting this I was mentally reviewing the card list I need for January and Hubs dad is towards the end of that month. So, the cover got this old Hero Arts sentiment and the inside has this silly Riley & Co. sentiment. This one finished out at 5 X 7 in real life. if you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at SCS. I hope your all doing well & thanks for stopping by.



No comments: