12.29.2023

Inspired by {Buttermilk Basin}

 Hello & Welcome here, its my turn to host the very last Inspiration challenge of 2023 and I have chosen Buttermilk Basin. I am fairly certain that the old old Inky Antics rubber stamps I have with that same designer name on them are the same designer that is doing the the current Quilting shop seen here. But, I am not 100% on that info. So, that being said I knew I wanted to do a snowman and I came across these little Primitive Snowman pillows


I decided to stamp this one since it has a square shaped frame with some Versamark on Arches cold press and watercolored him. ( this is first round of paints) 

I did a little outlining with black paint and then when that dried I did add some stardust gelly roll pen over the top of the dried paint to the scarf, hat, buttons & snow splatter in the sky.

I had quilters in my family and I just love all the textiles so, I knew going into this I wanted a layered pattern quilty vibe for the warm wishes type thought. So, I used some really old scraps of printed papers here along with textured bazzill cardstocks. The large pinking shear scissors are real sewing ones. ( cut perfect every time) and the tiny ones are a Mini Pinking deco scissor from Friskars ( also pretty old) the tiny brads are from Micheals, the edges of all those papers were inked with some Distress Oxide vintage photo ink. The red dot paper has some stamped with brown versafine zig zag stitches stamp. ( I have bought lots of these over the years and I do not remember which brand that was)  (maybe Technique Tuesday or possibly Hero Arts) I am not seeing the stamp in evernote and I tossed the first round of clear stamps I ever bought a long time ago. they were not made the same as they are now and deteriorated. The check ribbon is probably from May Arts and The Sentiment Stamp is from Savvy Stamps. This one is 5X7 in real life.  If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.  I hope you have been having a beautiful holiday & thanks for stopping by.



No comments: