3.31.2023

Dirty Dozen April Christmas Card

 I can not believe how fast this year seems to be flying by already. It's looked like a snow globe outside the windows here all day so, a easy inspiration to do a Christmas card for the stash. This was the sample for the Dirty Dozen prompt seen here at Splitcoaststampers in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. 


I had decided on this retired Stampington & Company button tree image, stamped it with some morning mist versafine on Arches cold press watercolor and proceeded to paint it. I added some greys for shadows and thought about it some more and decided that real buttons would be fun, even though the ones on the tree are round I decided to go with some dress it up buttons in yellow star shapes. wove some tan burlap string through the holes. 


Used some mini glue dots to hold them to the tree and decided the bits of round peeking out around/under them just adds to the depth. I did end up adding a little bit of brown to the crevices of the bow for shading also. I do not remember who makes the printed papers or that sentiment. ( I want to say its ODBD but, I am not seeing it in the evernote file.) the frayed ribbon was something I found at either micheals or joanns after Christmas ( years ago) the base on this is some textured Bazzill. and this one finished out at 6" square in real life. I am pretty tickled with how this one turned out. If you recognize that sentiment please let me know. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: