3.29.2023

Watercoloring Tulips

 This looks deceptively simple. I found it to be fairly hard to make myself make the petals in that leafy shape. ( I have no idea why) but, my hand just curled them at the bottoms and rounded them off each time.

Linda has chosen this video from Sandy Allnock seen here on YouTube for this week's watercoloring challenge at Splitcoaststampers. 

I think that part of where I went wrong with this was I started out with a smaller sized scrap of paper cut into a square shape and assumed I would need a smaller brush to fit the size of the paper and the idea of the challenge was to use a huge brush and get transparent petals. ( oops ) :) it's OK I do like how this turned out even it is not exactly what was expected.


The sentiment here is from Annette Allen Watkins stamped with some Versafine shady lane ink. The base is Cordinations and finished out at 5" square in real life.

No comments: