5.19.2021

WOYWW# 624 {dies & leaves}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

Tuesday after work views. The piece I chose for the IC sample I have yet to make involves leaves, so I was practicing some. ( they are in the a little too big stage at the moment, so trying different brushes too on scraps. Might try smaller brushes today after work. last night in the kitchen I tried the smallest Mop brush I have and that really holds a lot of water, and so far is fun to use for making swirled petals type shapes.

The wooden die shelves (stamp n storage die desk die shelves) ( the unfinished wood ones next to the window) arrived on Monday night, so far so good. ( this is two desk units stacked) I have not made a decision yet if I should paint them and or have hubs do some bracket type thing between them so that they stay together. These are about 1 inch off the edge of the file cabinet because, I am thinking its not a great idea to shove the green one up against the roof on the other side. With only 3 dies in each shelf it is much easier to get the one you want to use out than shifting all the piles. I probably could move some of the yellow and green dies to it, but the chances of me buying a few more dies is probably on the sooner or later list so, I think I will leave the space in it for now. ( the smaller original thickness dies are all in the top drawer of that baby dresser I shoot on under the window)


It will probably look more like this is reality under the towels and table cloths ( dust catchers) I can still see the words on the ends of the dies and slide them out around the paints and sprays and scraps ( whats in the old sewing drawers.) I think that is why I have not decided to paint them as of yet as I never got around to painting those sewing drawers either. ( they did spend some time in a sand blaster at work to remove a lot of layers of paint out of the crevices when I rescued them from a yard sale. (the fourth is in the closet with something else ( forgot what ) in it. 

In Other news, they started lifting mask mandates here if you are fully vaccinated for say shopping indoors but, so far I have not been anywhere to see if it is working and or how. I probably will keep mine on for a while longer as I really think people have a better chance of catching junk at the store than anywhere else. That's about it from me, stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.

kwim?


21 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 12th WOYWW! That new storage is fantastic and does the job really well, you’ll” enjoy using that so much. Loved the painted leaves too, mop brushes are so versatile!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Loving the leaves, even if they aren't what you were aiming for eventually! They'd make lovely card backgrounds anyway. The storage for the dies is brilliant - so easy to see them. Anyway, happy anniversary! Lisa-Jane, #2

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your leqaves are beautiful, Stacy. You use watercolors to your advantage and I enjoyed seeing all the brushes you used, too. You have some great storage spaces for your dies. I have three dies, two of which are tags, so I am in AWE of yours. Although the first photo looks like you will have less to move when you want a die, you will need to decide what works best for you in your space. Happy 12th Anniversary from # 10.

Robyn said...

Happy 12th Anniversaryand many more
Robyn6

Caro said...

The leaves are amazing - I have yet to play with mop brushes but it looks like fun. Wow, look at your collection of dies - the storage is amazing and I can see how it works well for you. Happy 12th WOYWW Anniversary. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Helen said...

I really like the leaves! wishing you a happy WOYWW anniversary and a great week. Helen #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the leaves even if they are not quite what you hoped for but they will still be useful for another project. Hope you manage to get them to the stage where you are happy with them. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww anniversary, Angela x25x

Shoshi said...

I love your leaves, Stacy, and your fabulous storage. Thank you for your visit - so glad you like the completed kitty throw. My hubby loves it!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #29

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just to let you know, Stacy, my local bookstore was the first place I thought of for postcards. They have CARDS, but no postcards period. Seems Wichita is devoid of postcards!

Neet said...

That storage is great, you are going to have fun deciding what to do I can see. Love the leaves and now am wondering what size they are with you talking of mop brushes (I know you don't mean floor mops LOL). Am sure you will find some way of using them.
Anyway, Happy 12th Anniversary.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Happy anniversary. lovely leaves. Hope you manage to get the right size soon. Great storage - better views of each die - easier to find what you need.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #24

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the look of the new storage Stacy. I haven't painted any of my ink storage shelves as they don't particularly show anyway. Sensible idea to keep wearing a mask when shopping even though you don't have to. Stay safe and happy 12th anniversary WOYWW. Sarah #9

Susan Renshaw said...

Happy Anniversary!
Love the leaves - and I am sure you will sort out the die storage!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #31

Diana Taylor said...

Your leaves are beautiful, and I love your storage - it all looks so organised and compact.
Happy 12th Anniversary
Diana xx #18

Heather M said...

Happy 12th Anniversary Stacy. Love the leaves - they are my favourite background to use. Wow, you have a lot of storage! When I look round half the desks, I still think I'm a beginner when it comes to having crafty goodies. I think even when they lift restrictions here, I'll still stay at home as much as I can - and won't be removing my mask any time soon on the odd occasion I do go out,which isn't often! Thanks for stopping by my blog - yay, a fellow 'full set' syndrome collector. It makes sense to me, as if I don't get the full set, then the one I don't get ... Will be the one I really, really wanted! Have a lovely week, Heather xx #20

roffeycreations said...

Lovely coloured leaves they look very nice - Your storage is also fabulous - Stay safe & well - see you next WOYWW - Cheers Maureen #26

Spyder said...

Happy 12th WOYWW!? Anniversary! Sorry I'm late! I just have shelves and really usefull boxes in my craft space, no room for cabinets or cupboards! I'd forget whaT was in them! The painted leaves look good! keep crafting, Stay safe
((Lyn))#5

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry to be so late. Have had my baby gal home for the first time since august and I have been screen distracted to say the least! The die shelves look good...I was going to ask if you’d be driven mad by having stuff in front of them, because it’s a lot of room to leave empty, but you beat time to it, and the carousel and sewing draws are easily movable for access to one or two dies. Great result then! Also loving the little sewing draws, aren’t they sweet! Hope the brush to leaf ratio sorted itself out, those that you’ve already done will be very useful anyway. Love it when R&D means you’re still making something rather than just wasting time! I’m with you on the masks. There’s no change in regulations about them here, and tbh, I think it may be the rest of the year yet. Vaccination only means that you may not be so desperately ill if you catch it, so please go on being cautious and thinking that everyone else has forgotten this!!

R's Rue said...

Happy Anniversary. Keep crafting.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your storage and your leaves. Happy 12th WOYWW! Better late than never! Elle #12

Crafting With Jack said...

Amazing storage, very organized! A very late happy anniversary from me.