5.08.2021

Inspired by {Paper Fashion}

 Did you play with paper dolls? That is what the Inspiration made me think of when I seen Kia share it and I loved the sketchy look to these gowns seen here. And I told my self this would be an awesome mixed media piece.


And I knew in my head I had a rack of dresses from Unity Stamps May kit of the month 2014, and I told my self I could just ink the top of the dresses and leave the bottom of the stamp un inked so I could just whisp away the hemlines. and I ended up grabbing a Simon Says Stamp Beige pad and stamping it with that. ( the whole thing) the dresses are not really that big in real life. So, then I had the idea to trace over the inked impression with some polychromos pencils and it gave it a sketchy no line coloring outline but, I added the color to this with copic markers. and I tried to keep them sketchy flecks too. After that I added some stardust gelly roll pen to one dress and went over all of them with clear wink of stella.


The whole time I was working on this card the newest Distress color Salvaged Patina Oxide pad was sitting on the table a couple inches from this, So I stamped off this Inkadinkado Sentiment with some Versafine Clair warm breeze ink and then added some swipes of Salvaged Patina Oxide with an Aqua brush. The swirls of pearls are from Prima and turned out to be waaay too big for the scale of the gowns so, they became like fancy pins on an idea board. the woodgrain is printed paper and the photo corners are from Heidi Swapp. This one finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. That's about it from me, stay safe out there & thanks for stopping by.


No comments: