5.09.2021

Doodle watercolored birds

 This week the Try a new technique challenge is headed to an Amber K video of water coloring doodle birds.

A few of the birds done on watercolor scraps Saturday afternoon. I did turn the bottom one into a card. I did use the Mungyo watercolors as I had them out for another project, ( yes, I am actually doing next weeks IC sample ahead of Friday afternoon) and was using this set because of the purples. I think the silliness of these chicks lends it self to snarky comments easily but, I decided to do one with these new to me ones from SU on the one below.


I am really tickled with these chicks but, hubs was less than impressed. I think he was not expecting to see a cartoon when I said want to see what I have been painting? ( eyebrows hit the hair line) lol The dotted paper really reminds me of Daisy D's but, it came out of the scrap bin as did the check so, not sure on the mfg for them. The happy birthday is from the Approaching Perfection SU set and the spring chick sentiment is from the Hey Birthday Chick set. This one finished out at A6 in real life. I did add lib on the tutorial and add some speckles of paint to the top of it when the birds bodies were drying. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: