6.25.2019

challenge cards catch up post

 a while back the ways to use it was to do a "cute" critter card, and I had colored this little penny black ladybug n' hedgehog stamp with some polychromos pencils at work one day and had it sitting on the table thinking to add some glossy something to the lady bugs wings and never got that far, but I think it is cute so, I turned it into a really quick little card. ( the sentiment is also from Penny Black) that plaid paper is from My Minds Eye. and the seam binding lace is vintage.

 two weeks ago Michelle was the featured stamper and I had a couple of days before that started coloring this Peddlers pack background with some polychromos and prisma pencils and the whole time I was coloring the wings blues and greens I kept thinking well maybe you can do the petals purple. ( because, purple is not a go to color for me and it would be something different) and then I started poking around in Michelle's gallery and found this pretty card and thought oh, no that is entirely too close but, the nap time were shorter that week and finally I decided to just roll with it because, I had spent too much time over thinking about it. the sentiment here I have no clue what set it is from I spent a long time looking at the ever note files and not finding it. ( it was stamped a long time ago on a scrap and die cut)

This week Julee Tilman is the featured stamper and when I see her name I instantly think of Verve and Coffee. and layers and mixed media. and of course I found lots of that, and while I was poking around in her gallery I found this really gorgeous snow card and this pretty colored coffee card and I kinda just used them as a jump start for this one. ( that lace is a Tim Holtz die cut) the corrugate has green acrylic paint on it and was a scrap from a previous project, I did rough up the edges of the stamped and mat panels. The coffee mug and sentiment are from the Unity Stamps comfort to go set and I had stamped them off on this Neenah millstone a long time ago when I first got the stamps. ( I think that may be an avery elle pigment ink but, I am not positive anymore) the die cut snow are from both a lawn fawn stitched snow and a lil inker designs stitched snow sets. I did cut the shank off the button in the center of that too.

 The try a new Technique this week uses the floral tag card tutorial ( which I did not read or watch the video I just kinda looked at the photo and decided it was a clean and simple card with flowers on the tag and the base.) ( the other cards all have their base only stamped on one end of the it under the tag, not peeking out across the card front) *shrugs* I still like this just fine, the flowers are from the Penny Black delicate flowers set, stamped with markers and have a tiny bit of polychromos pencils on them and the sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp say it all friend set. this one is A2 in real life.

Today Izzy goes back to the vets for round two of her puppy shots and a micro chip. and tonight is the last puppy kindergarten class. So, things are still busy but, there are larger gaps of peace in between during the day now too. (YAY now we are just trying to out last her on the little amount of sleep we get) Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Love that coffee cup and specially done in that color!! Thanks so much for sending me one to play with.