11.03.2018

VSN Mini

There is a VSN Mini this weekend (3 Christmas challenges based on stories from Christmas)
 The first one is from Misti to have something from the Charlie Brown Christmas (with a tree) and earlier in the day at work I had seen that Polly's Mixed Media was to create a text background from papers collage type thing and I knew I had this tree already cut from when I made some previous quilt looking square Inspiration cards a while back so, when the MM was done and I kept layering this on it, I liked how it looked with words peeking through but, my handmade background the sentences that POP were too wide so, I ended up using this printed paper from Hobby Lobby. and tied on the Concord & 9th sentiment. This is A6 in real life.

 Kim has a challenge to do something vintage based on Little women. so, I have a Penny Black scroll that has some distess inks on it, the sentiment on that is from Kaiserkraft, the one on the right is from River City Rubber Works and both of these papers are from Carta Bella. ( I think the colors work for vintage) and that lace is vintage. This one finished out at 6" square.

Lee has a challenge to do something based on the colors of the Grinch stole Christmas so red, white and green and you can have a neutral... so my tree base is a little neutral. and my tree really is a little minty but, it was handy already laying on the table and the idea of these challenges is to just get it done not over think it. so, everything on this card was laying on the table except the pre-made shimmery cardbase came out of a drawer. ( It's A2 in real life) I am probably going to be making a few more Christmas cards today and off and on this weekend so the MM card will go into that post later. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: