11.21.2018

And so it begins

 This week the clean and simple challenge is to show something to chase away the chill once the weather turns. So, I tried to keep this quilt a little simple with only having the binding be a print and I ran it through the big shot again inside a cuttlebug wicker weave folder. the sentiment is from Penny Black.

 I picked up these Tim Holtz dies last year and I finally figured out you have to start with a background and the dies cut the pattern. I kept trying to cut it from strips and then trim them, which almost always went crooked on the last side hahaha. these are A2 in real life and totally blank from words so far.

 Those holly branches that have been laying around colored were glued to cards before the booth but, kept aside for me as this is my most favorite design I have made as of yet this year. tried doing one more vertical as seen on the left.
 Colored with markers and an aqua brush. the sentiment is from Hero Arts. They are all A2.

 So, I have bits and pieces from this MFT quilt die on the table because of the one I did on Monday night so, today this one went together after work. same embossing folder.

 That red is Cherry Cobbler. the green is unknown and the sentiment is from the Gina K SSS stamptember set from this year.

 Now this was done last sunday as a Featured Stamper case from Crystals gallery as seen here.

The center is a Hero Arts fancy ornament that was embedded in the printed paper and the large snowflake is from this years Tim Holtz flurry #2 die, the smaller one is a sizzix green original snowflake #2 die. the sentiment is from the Hero Arts holiday tags set.

Having the next 4 days off means this is the time of the year that I start making my own Christmas cards that I will most likely be mailing. I do have a small stash from previously made ones but, I also sold a lot of them at the booth last weekend so, that's OK its finally cold enough that really what you want to do is stay in and stamp. The funny part is I am finally pulling out some of the sets and dies I bought last year for this year. probably because of all the emails I have gotten for this years Black Friday sales it makes me remember I still have a few things that have not been played with yet, that is fun to have new things to play with while you wait for this years orders to arrive.

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dear Stacy! WOW! I love each one of your cards, and of course I especially love the quilted ones! Hehe! I need to crank out some cards soon...the clock is running. But you always (always!) inspire me with your work (and also enable me...ha!). Such beautiful cards. Thanks so much for sharing them. Hope you share them all on SCS! Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend! Hugs and love! xoxo

CherylQuilts said...

P. S. I absolutely LOVE the holly cards too! What a fabulous die!!! xoxo

Janice M said...

Gorgeous!! Love those quilted cards specially the one with the printed frame. Bet that die would make for cute baby cards too?? Might have to add that die to the wish list.