5.17.2017

WOYWW # 415 {Happy Mail & Giraffe's}

Happy Desk Peeking Day! To play along join the link up here at our Hostess Miss Julia's blog

 So, this is my Happy Mail that has arrived since last week that has only been opened and thumbed through and not played with yet, the box contains the Hero Arts kit of the month ( with the mermaids, an additional mermaid sentiments stamp set and an oval coral reef frame die ) Imogene sent me a new SU catalog and I need to photograph this for real for my scs rak album but, I received this gorgeous card from Kandie with an actual handwritten letter inside as a thank-you for a Rak I helped her do recently. This is so gorgeous in real life, if you've ever seen the vibrancy of alcohol inks.

Around the corner the remains of some Giraffe cards I have been messing around with ( monday after work) I had intended to do a blog post with those cards yesterday but, I ended up loading the trailer with the last load of demo things from the remodel and so... its going to be a long post. 
 a closer look at what is laying there waiting, oh and off to the right, I went through that tray and I took out all the partial die cuts ( put them away ) and brought all the previously colored images to this tray instead of hiding in a tin, I moved the ones I am still coloring to the tin and its actually on that happy mail table just not in that angle of the shot.
 These stamps are from a new set from My Favorite Things called giraffing me crazy. which is fun, and all the images are equally adorable. ( I have a thing for giraffe's) but, the best part of it is, I even like the majority of the sentiments too.

 So, these were all stamped with some Kraft colored Avery Elle pigment and colored with polychromos pencils.
 and they are so sweet and not complicated I ended up coloring a stack of them last friday I guess? ( time gets away from me)

 This one the sentiment is from a co. that has closed called river city rubber works. (because, the zinger lines have more zing with sweet images in my head) and my sense of humor is off ( take your pick)

now this is something that followed me home yesterday, I went into a place ( if your local called Winema Electric their show room is actually set up like a trendy boutique gift shop with house ware type gifts besides the lighting fixtures there is furniture and gifts) so, the light that is the pendant is what I am having done over the kitchen sink. ( it has a crackled with some yellows and browns in the glass) and the cord is flexible. ( this is way cool over some of the old style chain things remember cleaning those?) and its a LED that is dim-able. (the one in the center with the long bronze cord) So, the electrical things are being modified this week in the kitchen followed by plumbing ( which are not things that I have to do anything with except pick out colors of switch plates or what not.) visual things. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh me too - I'm in charge of visuals when it comes to renos...means I can do loads of research and I love that! Pretty pendant..was talking only at the weekend about the chain type hanging and the attraction of muck and cobwebs, how funny!
Love the giraffe cards too - your switching around of the coloured in and uncoloured in makes sense too - and that desk space is looking HUGE from here! I have that River City setiment too. It's true. I am never to blame.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, omg- dust collectors! Some things are a magnet, aren't they? Love your light pendant, looks beautiful. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Helen said...

cute giraffes! have a great week. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Now that's a box of stuff I would love to get my hands on! Loving your giraffe cards they are so sweet. You asked me about the box which I do empty occasionally, I transfer and organise the card and paper that is half used but the box really holds supplies of the paper and card I use regularly so that I don't have to go searching for them in the middle of a project and holds left over bits too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x15x

Bubbles said...

I love your giraffes!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #22
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-415.html

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The giraffes made me laugh, especially the last one!! I'd buy that for my husband's anniversary card, lol! I bet the mermaid set is fun too, you'll have to show us that next week :-D
Hugs, LLJ 6 xxx

Plush Possum Studio said...

CUTE giraffes!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden

Sharon said...

Beautiful giraffes! Love that card. New goodies to play with! I actually have some this week though now I have to find the time to play with them. Hope you find the time!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon k #29

Dorlene Durham said...

One of my daughter in laws loves giraffes and these cards are great! Cute! Dorlene #39

Lindart said...

Isn't shopping for new fixtures fun! Can't wait to everything done! Your giraffe cards are so cute! I love the sayings that go with them! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #33

Sarah Brennan said...

You're right about the giraffe sentiments being as good as the images. Good luck with the rest of your reno. Sarah #17

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Oooo - exciting things going on now in your kitchen!! Great - we look forward to a sneak peek when it is all done? Those giraffe cards are just so much fun - what a great set - the sentiments too.
Thanks for your visit and comments - but I'm sorry I made you cry! I sat and wept too last night as we all had a time of worship together and the others thanked God for my John and all that he had meant to them over the years. It was an incredibly precious five days we all had together - lots of fun and laughter, lots of joint activity - each of us joining with others, no two groups ever the same - lots of visits to the hot tub set up in the garden overlooking the stunning view of the Conwy Estuary. Fantastic. I've talked and laughed so much I don't have a voice now!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

sandra de said...

Looks like you have chosen a beautiful light fitting. The giraffe stamps and cards are just gorgeous. I thought the first card was a framed print.... very impressive.
sandra de @3

Janice M said...

That giraffe set does have great sentiments! Makes some really cute cards too. Love the light you picked out too.