5.10.2017

Wedding Cards

 So, this morning when I got to work I was informed I "need" to bring Wedding Cards to work on Thursday... and I have a few but, not much and the person who wants to pick through them has already seen the ones I have left over from the last booth so... the things laying around the table got pressed into quick cards this evening. the Mr & Mrs is from Kaiser Craft Something Blue set and the special day is from My Favorite Things Birthday Greetings set. 
 Both of these sentiments were stamped with Versafine on Neenah and die cut a long time ago.
The Peony is from the Ellen Hutson Mondo Peony set stamped with some Avery Elle Pixie and Lemon grass pigment inks and colored with Polychromos pencils. The circle is an Lawn Fawn stitched circle frame die and the printed woodgrain paper is from a My Minds Eye pad. This is 6" square in real life.

 A closer look at the coloring, what I like about the blooms in all the mondo sets I have so far from Ellen Hutson is, I think when I color it is very easy for me to do that Flicking swishing type coloring so, its easier to leave a white space for a highlight on things like petals when you have a bigger space to begin with.
 Now this is how it ended up because during the flip it over and glue phase my first 5 sequins decided to move... so when I pried them up to move them back... the wrong spots were visible... so the save was to just dump more sequins on... ( I am laughing, they always look silly to me when I do them and OK when other people use them) these are from the Lucy's card line from the color called vintage chic.

 This is an Emma Background from Simon Says Stamp heat embossed with WOW gold on an old piece of Basic Grey printed paper and colored slightly with a couple of ( white and pink) pencils and a white gel pen the other day) the sentiment is from the Avery Elle oh happy day set. die cut with a Lawn fawn every day sentiment banner die. The white bumps on the edges are from Recollections. This one is also 6" square in real life. And then I thought you know you really should have at least one white on white card in the stash, its always so elegant...

 And so, I heat embossed a few of these Prickley Pear butterflies with WOW gold powder on some PTI vintage cream card and cut them with scissors. I later traced around the edges with some gold krylon pen to cover the exposed edges knowing I would most likely only glue down the bodies and not the wings.  I did a wedding card a few years ago as a gt assignment for Prickley Pear and it was one my favorite things I made for them. ( you can see that here) so, I wanted to do something similar but, not the same. And I pulled out this Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Scandinavian Background Die ( you can see below) and this Penny Black best wishes die... and it just did not quite fit so, then I pulled out this Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles die and just cut the oval from the center from that set because, its a smidge longer than the center of the Sue Wilson die and that worked.

So, the frame is up on foam pop dots and the gold pearls on the butterflies bodies are from Recollections. and this one is very shimmery in real life, the base is a pre-made Carmel shimmer ( A-7) and the lacy background was cut from some Stardream Opal and the best wishes was cut from some Bazzill mirror gold paper. and hopefully this will give that lady something she is happy to send out to her niece. The flowers on the butterflies were colored slightly with a couple of zig clean brush markers.

2 comments:

Janice M said...

What beautiful cards Stacy! I specially LOVE that butterfly one, it's so elegant!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards Stacy, looks like you've been really busy. Have a great crafty weekend and a happy belated woyww, Angela x16x