12.26.2016

3 Day Weekend

 Saturday the inspiration challenge headed to a fashion board on pinterest where I fell deep into lust with these shoes.
And so, part of the challenge was to do package wrapping or tags or last minute Christmas ideas, so I grabbed this Avery Elle pocket tag die and cut up my last big piece of some hoarded Basic Grey june bug plaid. I switched out the velvet bows for a diecut back panel to "POP" the words ( Avery Elle ornamental die) on and then just added bows to the top. the back side of that plaid is bright yellow in reality so, I also cut the top part of the tag a second time with some brushed gold to wall paper over that.

 Now this was going to be a red and white card... because, I have not played with these dies before and I was surprised when they cut a "window" so, I alternated 3 different ones from the set up the red panel and when I had this whole thing assembled ( Concord & 9th sentiment from O Christmas Tree set) (lawn fawn tag die) ODBD stitched rectangle die (frame), I found this bright green premade base from one of the Hero Arts monthly kits and remembered that Misti has a VSN challenge using the "grinch" color combo...

 So, it really got an "ugly sweater contender" vibe after that and I laughed and laughed because, last year hubs hunting buddy told me my Christmas thank you cards were very "girly" so, this one is headed to him. ( inside sentiment is from IO)

 this was done because, I had these scraps from the card above ( the pop outs from the tim holtz dies ( holiday knits) and I dug out this really old A Muse Studio lg. mitten die and cut one with this white textured paper and then remembered I had cut a few (very few actually) snowflakes last week in red and found one from the Penny Black trio pile and this sentiment is from hero Arts. The brad is from Recollections and the base is some shimmery red. and its also A-2 in real life.

 And then sunday came along and This weeks featured stamper is Diane and she has this gorgeous lacy card and I loved it.... but, I had this dies out on the table. and since I tend to play with what ever is in front of me my brain retained red & white, lace and textured from her card... ( so, its a stretch of "inspired by" rather than a real CASE... ) It is A-2 in real life, the mitten was cut from some textured Fancy pants corrugate and the snowflake is from the MFT pierced snow flake set, the sentiment is from Whipper Snapper and the lace is vintage.

 Which lead to monday and Kia has a challenge out for "thank-you cards" and I need a few so, I made this one to begin with, the plaid is unknown (from the scrap bin) the snowflakes I think both are from Sizzix, the sentiment is from Concord & 9th O Christmas tree, the gems are from Darice, the red crochet lace is vintage and the tag was tied on with some scrappers floss. so, this one was kinda a CASE of the evolution of things I had made already. the inside has the same IO thank you sentiment.
but, I had like zero clean space on this so,

 When I was cutting out those snowflakes I happened across this really old Sizzix envelope die and I thought ( well, it was really something like who knew I had this?) and so, I cut one... and folded it and thought oh, its too small for a gift card, which the way my brain works that is probably exactly what I thought when I bought it who knows how many years ago right? so this envelope has been sitting on the table for almost a week now... and I thought OK you could make it cute, tuck in the sentiment (Club Scrap dahlia greetings) like mail, add some snow (lawn fawn stitched snow) and lace (vintage) (because) and make it a thank you and do one of those cool embossed with your diecuts frames and it will be "almost" CAS...

And then I used the crease pad with the Waffle flower lacy layers largest die (in my big shot)... and it cut out my card front. This happens to me every.single.time I try this tech. since I took my cuttlebug to work and by this point I decided the envelope was not going to fly as "simple" either so, I just made a second base and said good enough. I'm sure the stamping challenge police have the day off just like the rest of us right? :) Thanks for stopping by, I hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: