10.06.2016

Two Paper Diva's October release {day 2}

Welcome to day 2 of the October new release from Two Paper Diva's. Every single thing in the store is at 25% off and you can find all the new release items grouped together here in the store.

 Now this is something I just love the newest everyday sentiments set 4 the font is a typewriter style and they are all little in size so that they can be diecut or punched with a lot of things and tied on or part of a design and not take center stage. This particular card is A-2 in real life, the Mason Jar was heat embossed with white powder on kraft for the jar and the lid was heat embossed with liquid platinum on some pale gray cardstock and the sentiment uses the same ranger powder on it. The envelope is from the sending a little note set and the heart was colored with a staedtler triliner pen ( which has a very small tip) The envelop is dangling from the lid with a piece of scrappers floss.

 This card uses the new Fern set which includes the bitty dragonfly and the new Everyday sentiments 4 set.  I stamped the Fern's with Olympia Green Versafine ink and the dragonfly with some Avery Elle thistle ink. These were colored with Polychromos and prisma pencils with a little bit of stardust gelly roll pen on the wings of the insect. I cut that panel out with a Spellbinders A-7 mat die and tied on some old ribbon that is really close to mellow moss in shade. and found this old print from Basic Grey that looked like it had been made to hold this image. This one finished out at 6" square in real life.

I have read many times over the years about people coloring things to match their papers. and I always think wow, that must be a lot of work. and I colored this house from the new My Neighborhood 2 set and thought lets do something simple so I only colored the roof and door and added a smidgen of yellow to the insides of the window panes. and when it came time to make it a card I started flipping through my 6" pads of paper I fully intended this house to be a Christmas card and I came across this My Minds Eye cozy Christmas pad and laughed and laughed. I could not have matched these colors any better if I had tried. ( see, there is a good side to collecting all the pretty papers) The house was stamped with Versafine on some smooth Neenah solar white as was the sentiment, the frame was cut with an Avery Elle postage stamp die and that is up on pop dots. This one is A-6 in real life. Thanks for stopping by :) and have a good day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All three cards are great but that little note in the mason jar is just too cute! Love that idea! Beautiful coloring on those ferns as well! Great job, Stacy! Thanks!