10.15.2016

A couple more for the Fallidays challenges

 For Barbara's challenge found here, to make a Joy Fold Card using the tutorial. I am not sure if I have done this one or not before but, it was very straight forward and easy to do with the seperate pieces that just interlock together. I thought about having the elf on the other side to use as a catch to close the card but, I also have a huge stash of ribbons and textiles so, my go to for things that do not want to stay fold is to tie them shut. I did tie it a little loose to it can slide off the edge like a belly band would.


 A peek at the inside layers. The elf is from Hero Arts and the sentiment is from Concord & 9th "joy" set. ( the kraft is from PTI ( so, the thick stuff) the prints are from Basic grey and the green texture is some dcwv. this is an A-2 version. ( Its possible to make this as a square and I think I will try that next time around)

Now Jeanne's challenge is the second card drive and this one is for Patriotic Thank you cards headed to Operation Quiet Comfort. the rules for this one are no envelopes and no glitter. So, as it happens you know it was Lydia's fault I caved on the Hero Arts kit for Oct right? ( ha, well it was..) and this star confetti and the circle confetti dies jumped in the cart with it and it all arrived in the mail yesterday. So, for Jeanne's challenge I had the bright idea I was going to make star holes in the actual base of the cards. ( the die cut my card in half) but, I do have a big pile of glimmery blue star confetti too now. So, then I thought OK cut a star window into the red ( shimmery card base) I had laying in the scrap pile and make it a smaller window. and then I realized the largest star from the MFT stitched star set is a little bigger than A-2 in real life and I had three tiny spaces in the tips of this star that had no blue for its part of the window. so, I trimmed part of it on the back side and taped it up tight and made sure to use parts that had star holes in it for the filling so, it was not obvious it was pieced. This was lined with some stitched mulberry paper that has both silver and gold threads stitched through it. ( some of the stitching is visible through the bitty star holes in person when you hold it. The thanks is a die from Taylored Expressions and the ribbons from offray so this one finished out at 6" square in real life.

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I LOVE both of these cards! What a great joy fold card, and I love the little elf with the large "joy!" Beautifully done! And I love the big star with the stars inside, and of course it's perfect with the red, white, and blue - and these colors don't bleed! Love that this is supporting Operation Quiet Comfort...always want to support our military in any and every way we can! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo