10.10.2016

Fallidays {day 1}

Yesterday was the start of the "Fallidays" challenges and tutorials going on now at Splitcoaststampers. Did you see that? I have been fighting a cold for a couple of days now so, I spent the majority of Sunday asleep. ( which probably was good for me as today I feel a little better) :)
Anyways, during an awake time I did get the three challenges done (very simply)

 
 This first one was for Lydia's challenge to have fall foliage with text. These leaves are heat embossed lace leaves from Concord and 9th and the sentiment is from the Paper Smooches set called noteworthy. This one finished out at 6" square. This shimmers everywhere except the text paper. the copper shimmer was from that new Hero Arts fall set with the wreaths in Sept. I used a My Favorite Things scallop basic edge die on to cut it in half. The sentiment is on a piece of opal stardream and all the heat embossing glimmers a little also when the card is tilted.

This second one was for Dina's challenge to watercolor around a diecut mask. So, I used a poppy stamps mum die for my mask and Distress pads for my water coloring. The sentiment is from an ( now retired I think because, I cant find it in their site) Club Scrap set. I only have my most recent purchases in the evernote inventory and this one is not there. The watercolor layer is up on foam tape and was cut with an Avery Elle Dotted die. the base is a pre made coredinations one that is supposed to match the distress colors, so it is A-2 in real life.


And the third one was from Lori to use wheat and make a Thanksgiving card but, my brain forgot the thanksgiving part of the instructions and I know I have an actual Wheat stamp ( somewhere) but, its one of those odd things so, I know its NOT with the leaves or grass or tree stamps, it was a gift and it got stuck in one of the I will sort it later boxes (when I get a bunch of stamps at once like at Christmas I tend to put them all into the same box)... Yes, that means I have to open every box lol. The leaves are from the Concord & 9th layering leaves die set and I am hoping they pass as wheat the sentiment I think is Hero Arts Many everyday messages set. And this one also is A-2 in real life. So, all the bits and pieces were from previously done things from scraps on the table and I did all of them in an hour and a half. ( it was mostly a lot of gluing the only "work" I did on Sunday was the water colored background)

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are very beautiful cards Stacy


gr karin

Janice M said...

Great job with these 3 challenges Stacy! I need to pick a die cut an try that water coloring! Yours turned out so pretty!