1.01.2015

New Year's Cards



I don't find myself making resolutions on New Years... ever not really. but, today did find me making cards. and the one thing I did not do last year was play along in the Christmas card challenges through out last year like I used to... so, this was a change I needed to be back on the wagon for.

So, that being said the fan club Christmas card challenge opened today with a look back and the last 3 years worth of monthly challenges and you are free to pick between them to do your card ( or cards) 


This one goes back to March of 2012. and it was card number two for me today. ( card number one is at the bottom of this post) and it need tore up again. ( I cannot get it to look Straight) more about that below. this one the holly leaves (Hero Arts) are cut from some DCWV corrugate cs and the berries are done in recollections foil. the printed paper is from a line called gdc studios. the base is bazzill and this one is 6" square in real life. 




These three are also 6" square in real life with the sentiment being changed to an Unity stamps one. the tag is an mama elephant die. 


now this sentiment is from the Hero Arts set called holly jolly. this one is also 6" square in real life. the centers of the open letters were colored with an distress marker.


This was the last one for the day the felt is from A Muse Studio. the doily is from recollections. the red printed paper was a scrap from something I put into the December daily album, punched along the edge with an SU hand held punch and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. this one is 5" square in real life. the scrap of the first card below.


now, this one was done for the January 2012 challenge to use something new. this sizzix tall mug die is New, the Hero Arts holly jolly stamp and die set is new. the sentiment was cut with some classic circle spellbinders dies and tied on with burlap string. but, every time I moved the handle or moved the mug it looked more and more crooked to me, so this one I may mess around with and see if its "fixable" tomorrow in the daylight. 


No comments: