1.19.2015

Cake Inspired


The inspiration challenge on Saturday links to this MOD wedding cakes board on pinterest and this the cake I chose to be a jump start for this card. This is 6 inches square in real life. the cardfront is insulation pink from my favorite things. ( the whole of saturday was grey and raining and very dark for shooting cards) So, this has a crafters workshop swirly vines stencil that I smeared some delta rose whisper texture magic paint through the holes. while that was drying the pink vellum was cut (2 each) of this shape of flower from all three sizes of the sizzix tim holtz tattered florals. the largest blooms had a 2 inch gap between them and the next size down so I trimmed them free hand with scissors. and  I rolled all these petals around the handle of one of those sanding tools (same ones I use to curl the metal stems on wild orchid craft blooms) and kept pulling them up a little for some dimension. the button is hiding all the glue dots. 


No comments: